A Conversation for Where are you headed?

The WHAT room?

Post 1

Leeloo

I’m sorry but the name of this room has been troubling me. I don’t know if it’s a national or regional thing in the UK but if someone were to tell me they needed a ride I would automatically assume that they were after some sort of sexual gratification. Just thought I should point that out as I drag myself out of the gutter …

The WHAT room?

Post 2

The Ghost Of TV's Frink

Errrr........I had hoped the intro page would be more clear, but the "ride" in this case refers to a car ride. I have no idea if this is a regional thing, but it isn't a UK thing, because I got it from the "Need-A-Ride Board" at the University of Illinois. It was a board where you could post a request for a ride, or offer a ride to someone who needed one. Of course, the ride was supposed to be a far away location like another state, not just to the post office and back.

The WHAT room?

Post 3

The Ghost Of TV's Frink

I have to admit your idea sounds more fun, but I could get kicked off h2g2 for offering THAT kind of service smiley - smiley

The WHAT room?

Post 4

Leeloo

Hmm, I don't know mind ... with some careful wording this could become h2g2's unofficial 'hitch-up' forum for those with love on their minds. It has been in the air recently ...

The WHAT room?

Post 5

The Ghost Of TV's Frink

Or maybe I need to sign up a romance advisor.....

Demarcation! That's the Problem.

Post 6

Bluebottle

I thought getting people to matches was supposed to be my job as team Unicyclist!

Post 7

The Ghost Of TV's Frink

I wouldn't worry about it too much - Pip isn't around that often. Would you like your name added to this room? That would give everyone a choice, and we all know that most people will take a unicycle ride over a car ride (at least for short trips)

Post 8

Bluebottle

Yes, why not? Could you? Ta!

Post 9

The Ghost Of TV's Frink

Ok Bluebottle, it's done smiley - smiley

Post 10

Bluebottle

Ta. I hope you're not getting fed up of me and all my whining... I won't do it again - honest!

Post 11

The Ghost Of TV's Frink

No problem smiley - smiley I don't consider it whining at all....anything that keeps the Frink's Drinks forums alive is a good thing!

And congrats on the popularity of the Waterworks/Beach smiley - smiley

Post 12

Bluebottle

Thanks. I'm very pleased on how it's working out!
Still, I'm aiming to visit all the Frinks Drinks rooms one-by-one eventually, so I'll see you about.

Post 13

The Ghost Of TV's Frink

Sounds good to me smiley - smiley

Post 14

Mikonet

Hello? Is anyone here? I need a ride. Or maybe you can suggest a driving route from Hong Kong to London, where I assume the next game will be held?

Hong Kong to London

Post 15

Bluebottle

You could always cycle by sea.

Hong Kong to London

Post 16

The Ghost Of TV's Frink

A seacycle?

The WHAT room?

Post 17

Blueredblue

Being a red blooded Englishman I was a little bit curious myself. Funnily enough I do know a girl called Pip who offers a service more in keeping with the English colloquial version of the room.

Oh well, I suppose a lift to the next game's out of the question?

The WHAT room?

Post 18

The Ghost Of TV's Frink

No, but you may have to wait a while........

Post 19

Penguin Girl - returned at last

I would prefer a unicycle ride...

Post 20

Bluebottle

Really? Well, as the team unicyclist, I must say that I think that is a great choice.
Did you have any unicycle in mind???

Key: Complain about this post