This is the Message Centre for Ormondroyd

Dressing in plastic and rolling in grass

Post 1

Ormondroyd

Tonight I dressed up in a one-piece white plastic hooded suit and a party mask. I then went to the top of a grassy natural ampitheatre on the University of Bradford campus with about 50 or so similarly attired people. There, we waved sparkler fireworks around. I then rolled and slid down the grassy bank, as did some of the others, although some more cautious ones walked down.

And no, I haven't started drinking again. smiley - winkeye It was all part of an event called 'Persuasion', staged by a local theatre company called Leikin Loppu, who you can read about here: http://www.leikinloppu.com/ .

I love being a student and a theatre person. Sometimes it's like being excused from adulthood. smiley - somersault

Post 2

tartaronne

smiley - biggrin
Sounds like fun
I used to roll down hills whenever I could when I was much younger. Exhilirating. smiley - smiley I'm afraid I'll get dizzy now.

I've had kids for a long time and then your not frowned upon when you climb trees and chase round the house with homemade bow and arrows - not even when you are 52, the youngest are in the teens and you have grandchildren to play with smiley - biggrin.

Last year I went for a walk along the beach with a friend. A quite new friend - same age as me - who didn't know me well. I fancied building a sandcastle - and after a bit of hesitation he joined me. It was good fun - and became a very elaborate castle. Two kids a couple of hundreds m. away looked puzzled for a while seing two old people play on the beach - but then they went on with their own business. And we talked better after having had fun with each other.

I like to play. smiley - smiley

Post 3

Santragenius V

Playing is good smiley - ok Never let them take away your inner child smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Ormondroyd

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more