This is the Message Centre for Ormondroyd

Hello neighbour!!!

Post 1

Shorty

Hi there...welcome to this fine establishment. So how you doing Orman ( can I call you Orman?? ). Decided to drop by your page and couldn't help but notice you only live down the road from me...It's a small world innit smiley - smiley

Hello neighbour!!!

Post 2

Ormondroyd

Hi Shorty,

Thanks a lot for writing. It's great to get friendly feedback, and the page looks so much better with those words "People have been talking about this entry" on it. It makes me feel dead important! And you are very welcome to call me Orman. Believe me, I've been called much worse things than that in my time.
Sadly, I now have to disillusion you. I don't actually live just down the road from you - unless you mean the M1. Like it says at the top of my page, I come from Shipley originally - but a little lower down it explains how I moved to London in the mid-Eighties. The confusion is probably my fault for not making the message clearer. I have now added a line to explain how I now live in Holloway (the area, not the prison).
Still, my roots will always be in Bradford. I love to go up there
for a weekend from time to time to see my parents (who still live in Shipley), have a Bradford curry and go and see City play at home. I'm planning a visit the first weekend in November, for the game with Coventry. The old place really was in a sorry state at the time that I (and almost all my friends) migrated south, but it's seemed a lot brighter, busier and generally better the last few times I've been there. There seems to have been a lot of good new pubs springing up over the last couple of years. The Old Bank, right in the centre, is a particular favourite of mine. I'd be tempted to move back - if only the buses ran after closing time!
Anyway, thanks again for writing,

yours in exile,

Orman.

Hello neighbour!!!

Post 3

Teaserman the Discontinuous

Hello. I am Teaserman. I am in the process of buzzing every forum in the H2G2 universe. Buzz. Thank you.

Hello neighbour!!!

Post 4

Ormondroyd

Shorty - guess what. We actually are neighbours now!
I've decided to return to the North, and this message comes to you direct from Shipley Library. I'm currently staying with my folks in Baildon and looking for a new home in Bradford.There are various reasons for this (see my Journal if you're interested) but apart from anything else, I just can't resist the lure of regular access to pints of Tetley's and Bradford curries, and watching Bradford City's second storming Premiership campaign!
Hooray - I'm back in God's own county for good! smiley - smiley

Hello neighbour!!!

Post 5

Shorty

Great stuff matey, glad your back to a decent place smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Ormondroyd

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more