This is the Message Centre for Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

ook!?

Post 1

The Librarian ...ook!

ook! smiley - smiley ook Ook smiley - biggrin ook smiley - smiley ook smiley - biggrin ook smiley - smiley ook?
ook? ook!

TRANSLATION: Hi! smiley - smiley I thought I would come over here, if that is okay, to discuss this...I set up the board in the cafe because I read in Irv's original ps intro that Ook, an orangutan who frequented the old cafe, liked to play scrabble. smiley - biggrin I don't know Irv or Yar or any of the other regulars so I don't know how they feel about this game smiley - smiley and I don't want to take over the conversation with these plays. So I am thinking I will wait a day or so for my next move. Does that make sense or am I being too careful in considering this? All that aside, here is the pool so far smiley - biggrin By the way, I am drawing from the whole remaining pool... much more fun than being restricted to just 7 tiles like in those stuffy old regulation scrabble rules smiley - smiley dontcha think?
Orrrr, should we just forget the pool and just play whatever we want? That sounds like fun, too!

A 9-3=6
B 2 -1=1
C 2-1=1
D 4-2=2
E 12-4=8
F 2-1=1
G 3-1=2
H 2
I 9-3=6
J 1
K 1-1=0
L 4-1=3
M 2
N 6-1=5
O 8-4=4
P 2
Q 1
R 6-2=4
S 4-3=1
T 6-2=4
U 4
V 2
W 2
Y 2
Z 1-1=0
BLANKS 2

ook!?

Post 2

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

I have set up a board; whenever you play I put those tiles down. I'm actually trying to select tiles at random when I play, but in the endgame, when there are only a few tiles left, if you use a letter on my tray I'll just select another.

What looks more difficult is ~showing~ the board as we go. the < space > icon can only do so much...

As for using the whole pool, I don't guess there's any difference. smiley - smiley I have had to set mine out face up so I can find your letters when you use them, so that doesn't work for me.

ook!?

Post 3

The Librarian ...ook!

smiley - space
ook? smiley - smiley ook smiley - rofl ook smiley - smiley ook. smiley - smiley

TRANSLATION: What we are doing here, in a way, is designing a thread-specific h2g2 scrabble game. Hopefully others will join in or start another game sometime and improve on it... so what do you think is more hootooey? smiley - smiley

~ using any letters and forgetting the pool OR using only the letters in the pool

~ actually drawing tiles at home OR just finding a good word for the board and using the letters it needs

~ is the board graphic too difficult for most people? i know it is getting to be a challenge even for me even tho i have some experience with the space smiley. i like the graphic if it will hold together, tho... i copy its code before i post and save it to my 'librarian's scrabble game" file smiley - rofl

i am doing exactly what you are doing except i am making my word, then 'drawing' ...that way, at some point, i can actually start making words that are relevant to the conversation my move falls within, relevant to the forum (like the cafe) or relevant to something hootooey.

i think it would be quite a lark if people can play scrabble in any thread like the cafe's... with plenty of space between each move so the conversation is not interfered with but the game adds ambiance... the moves are good 'thread bumps' for lagging threads, too smiley - smiley

>>> have had to set mine out face up so I can find your letters when you use them, so that doesn't work for me.<<<

just close your eyes to draw? if you prefer that way of drawing i will acquiesce. smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more