A Conversation for Why 42 is a good answer, and perhaps why 84 is a better one.

rolling dice

Post 1

Igrok42

good article, one problem..... when rolling two six-sided dice, the possible outcomes range from 2 to 12, not one to 12 (unless you somehow have one of the die falling into some sort of space-time distortion and therefore not becoming part of the sum)

rolling dice

Post 2

Researcher 99947

Wow... wish I could figure that out smiley - winkeye

Anywho, I am one of the ACES... the meeters and greeters here on site- we are here to help you make a comfortable... transition into h2g2.

Our homepage is over here: http://www.h2g2.com/A214796 . Come and visit us if you like! While there you can find all sorts of help and useful links.

If you need any help, just go there or ask me! We're here to serve.

We'd really be quite ecstatic if you'd update your user page... all in good time though, I imagine smiley - smiley

Enjoy h2g2!

sporky

rolling dice

Post 3

Goat_Smuggler

well, it is possible that maybe you have some sort of sticky substance on the table on which you roll one or both of the die. therefore, they could get stuck with a corner of the die on the table, instead of a whole side.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Why 42 is a good answer, and perhaps why 84 is a better one.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more