This is the Message Centre for Phil

John Martyn

Post 1

Emily...overly fond of the ellipsis...and top ten lists...submit yours @ A87824361...

I noticed your name in the "what are you listening to right now" thread and that you were litsening to John Martyn, have you heard his album London Conversation? I love Fairytale Lullaby off of that becaue of when I was a kid my rents used to play it on the guitar to ussmiley - smiley

John Martyn

Post 2

Phil

I was listening to John Martyn indeed. I actually only own that song of his on a compilation smiley - yikes I should go out and buy some more cds of his! I have heard more stuff by him but I don't know Fairytale Lullaby smiley - sadface

John Martyn

Post 3

Emily...overly fond of the ellipsis...and top ten lists...submit yours @ A87824361...

it's a lot earlier, Fairy Tale Lullaby, more folkie than his later stuff, buut a great song none the lesssmiley - biggrin

John Martyn

Post 4

Phil

I'll have to try and see if I can get to hear that one then smiley - smiley

John Martyn

Post 5

Well it's on London Conversation, it's a bit of a silly kiddy song, but it's one my rents would play when we ere teeny and I still like itsmiley - smiley

Is solid Air a good album? I keep meaning to listen to it

John Martyn

Post 6

Chris Morris

Excuse me for eavesdroppingsmiley - smileybut I can definitely recommend "Solid Air"; I've had the l.p. for about 25 years and it's somewhat distressed now but I was given the cd (with the extra, live version of "I'd Rather Be The Devil")for my birthday this year so I've rediscovered just how good it is. "Bless The Weather" is another favourite but his output has been very consistent over the years so any of his albums are worth listening to. Having been to a couple of his concerts I can also recommend seeing him live.

Chris

John Martyn

Post 7

Cool, well I shall certainly have to dig out Solid Air thensmiley - ok

John Martyn

Post 8

Phil

I'm told by Metal Chicken that the Solid Air album is a good one. I'll have to check if she's got a copy and have a good listen to it now that there is another recomendation for it smiley - ok

Key: Complain about this post