This is the Message Centre for Phil

Kites

Post 1

Wand'rin star

Hi Phil,
Did you see this one from "How do I?" Sorry for the convoluted reference. I seem to be hopeless at internal links smiley - starsmiley - star

Subject: Make A Kite?
Posted 3 Days Ago by SpinksSecret
Posting 1
I've always wanted one of those huuuuuuge kites (that type that pull you off your feet) but they're very expensive. How do I make a kite at home, or find out about home kite making?

Kites

Post 2

Phil

I have seen it but not got round to doing anything about it smiley - smiley
(typical me really smiley - winkeye)
Best smiley - run over and make some comment.

Kites

Post 3

Wand'rin star

Thanks. Hope you're keeping well these days smiley - starsmiley - star

Kites

Post 4

Phil

I am keeping well if very very bored by being unemployed.
How's the situation out in HK with all the SARs stuff going about. I saw your journal entries but they were written a bit ago.

Kites

Post 5

Wand'rin star

I live in central HK in an old Chinese building. My neighbours are old Chinese. None of us is wearing a mask on the streets (far too hot)It's a beautiful sunny day and the government has just announced a HK$ 11.8 billion SARS rescue package. Irresponsible(in my view) reporting has lead to record low occupancy rates in hotels and cutbacks everywhere except for streetcleaners etc. I have to wear a mask in the uni buildings, but otherwise this is having no effect on my life at all and I resent press reports that have suggested that the place is generally panic stricken. It ain't.
Sorry (very) about the continued unemployment. Will the job centre make you look further afield?smiley - starsmiley - star

Kites

Post 6

Phil

At least you're keeping getting on with life - best way really. I didn't quite think that a small paper face mask would keep out a virus like SARS.
So far the job centre hasn't bothered me too much. I keep sending out my CV and occasionally getting a reply. I'd rather not have to move for work again for a bit as I moved back up here less than 12 months ago and would like a job here first.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Phil

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more