This is the Message Centre for

3/7/00

Post 1

Researcher 93445

A busy day. I started out the morning writing a few reviews for MCP Magazine (gotta keep bringing home that bacon) and then put in a few hours on duck house construction. It's not done, but it's good enough for ducklings, who should be here tomorrow (and who will be confined under the brooder for a few weeks anyhow).

Then it was off to Colfax. We dropped into the quilt store and sold half a dozen dozen eggs, wandered through Fonk's Variety (going out of business after eighty-some years) and then drove on up to the Grange. 500 pounds of duck food (special order item, so I had to make it worth their while), 100 pounds of horse feed, 50 pounds of llama feed, 50 pounds of turkey feed (for the guinea fowl) and 10 fenceposts pretty well filled the back of the pickup.

Got home, unloaded, and worked on the duck house some more. Decided I needed a bit more salvage lumber. Well, THAT was a mistake; I nearly ran the pickup off a cliff, and had to get the neighbor to pull it out with his Cat. After getting home from that little adventure, I decided to take the rest of the day off and read.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more