A Conversation for 'Freddie Mercury: A World of His Own' - the Auction Series 6-13 September, 2023

Peer Review: A88036437 - 'Freddie Mercury: A World of His Own' - the Auction Series 6-13 September, 2023

Post 1

SashaQ - happysad

Entry: 'Freddie Mercury: A World of His Own' - the Auction Series 6-13 September, 2023 - A88036437
Author: SashaQ - happysad - U9936370

Hot off the press, here's an Entry about the event I appreciated being part of this week smiley - magic

A88036437 - 'Freddie Mercury: A World of His Own' - the Auction Series 6-13 September, 2023

Post 2

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.

Very good, enjoyable to read and informative. No comments on style.
The generic explanation of how auctions work could be an entry on its own.
Any idea what the total yield of this auction series was? (or did I just miss that?)

smiley - cheers

A88036437 - 'Freddie Mercury: A World of His Own' - the Auction Series 6-13 September, 2023

Post 3

SashaQ - happysad

Thanks for reading smiley - biggrin

I added in mention of the total yield, as that illustrates the excitement and surprises that the auctions generated smiley - ok

Post 4

Bluebottle

Excellent entry!

The one suggestion I'd make is surely you've gotta include the words 'waiting for the hammer to fall' in there somewhere smiley - winkeye

<BB<

Post 5

SashaQ - happysad

Thank you smiley - biggrin

Yes indeed that was an oversight - hammer duly added smiley - ok

Post 6

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - laugh This is fun, even though I'm not a particular fan. And what a great idea, to make the auction also a celebration of the person.

I spotted one thing:

>>Some items, such as furniture and ornaments were laid out in 'rooms' like they would have been in the house.<<

That really needs one more comma - after 'ornaments'.

I have another suggestion: could you put the quote about wanting to be a Victorian at the beginning rather than at the end? It would help any reader who (like me!) didn't know this to be able to make sense of the growing list of bizarre but intriguing possessions being sold here.

Post 7

SashaQ - happysad

Thanks DG smiley - biggrin

I've made those tweaks smiley - ok

Post 8

smiley - ok Great!

Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 9

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!

Post 10

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.

Congratulations!

Post 11

smiley - applause

Post 12

SashaQ - happysad

Thank you smiley - biggrin

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for 'Freddie Mercury: A World of His Own' - the Auction Series 6-13 September, 2023

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more