A Conversation for 'Clerks III' - the Film

Peer Review: A88029435 - 'Clerks III' - the Film

Post 1

Bluebottle

Entry: 'Clerks III' - the Film - A88029435
Author: Bluebottle - U43530

I started writing this film review in February but stopped suddenly following the blip.

<BB<

A88029435 - 'Clerks III' - the Film

Post 2

SashaQ - happysad

Thanks for finishing the review for h2g2 smiley - ok

The introduction sets the scene well smiley - ok

What's on the homemade sign?

"Even though Randall survives, Elias is convinced his prayers were unanswered." - Elias prayed for the heretic to be struck but not killed?

Should be spelled Randal rather than Randall?

"He humiliates Veronica" - we could do with a few words here to remind us who Veronica is.

"Elias requested that for the final scene he wanted to wear a cape and carry a cane" - Trevor?

"Dante's emotions are in bright colour effectively contrasting his character's lines, which are in black and white." - I can't visualise this - the lines are like subtitles on the screen?

"The Bourne Nativity" - smiley - laugh

" 'I do not talk like this man'" - smiley - laugh

Excellent quote to conclude the Entry smiley - ok

Post 3

Bluebottle

Thanks for your comments there, I've adjusted the entry accordingly, corrected the Randalls and hopefully it all is much easier to read now.

<BB<

Post 4

SashaQ - happysad

Excellent - thank you smiley - ok

Post 5

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

I have a few things. A reader unfamiliar with these films is likely to be confused about them.

>>trademark rude humour,<<

I have no idea what these films are like other than a strong suspicion I wouldn't like them at all. So I don't know what's meant by 'trademark rude humour.'

Do you mean the 'humour' consists of people being rude to one another? In that case, should it be called 'insult humour'?

Or is it a rudimentary attempt at humour? Like 'the rude bridge that arched the flood'? Or is the humour 'crude' as in vulgar? Or unsophisticated, like the 'Dumb and Dumber' movies, or 'Ernest Does Crime' or whatever?

>>person�s mental state.<<
>>movie sets � twice, <<
>>In memory of Lisa � we miss you Caitlin<<
>>a Black and White movie and they�re right<<

You've got character salad, can you fix? I'm pretty sure they're all curly apostrophes, just do a find-and-replace.

>>Silent Bob delivers it � just <<
>>Asian Design � he<<

These are ellipses (...)

>>Dramatis Personæ: We Are Butt-Thieves<<

Just to say, I have absolutely no idea what this means. I mean, I'm GLAD I don't. I don't want to know. But if you're going to leave it in, you might supply a footnote.

I got down to the bottom of this and realised that I HAD tried to watch a Kevin Smith movie once - 'Dogma', because Betty Aberlin was in it. I didn't make it very far.

Post 6

Bluebottle

Thanks for reading, I've amended and tweaked out the rather rude characters which had snuck in since I last saw this entry.

Oh, and so you don't have to read the entry again, I'll reveal that Elias' favourite Bible verse is about the Penitent thief, but whenever he says 'Jesus did no wrong, whereas we are but thieves', everyone mishears. I've added an explanation (but earlier in the entry).

<BB<

Post 7

Oh, great, thanks! smiley - smiley That's clearer now.

Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 8

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!

Post 9

smiley - bubbly

Post 10

SashaQ - happysad

Congratulations! smiley - bubblysmiley - biggrin

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for 'Clerks III' - the Film

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more