A Conversation for A Beginner's Guide to Curry

Edited Guide Writing Workshop: A87887209 - A Beginner's Guide to Curry

Post 1

h2g2 Guide Editors

Entry: A Beginner's Guide to Curry - A87887209
Author: h2g2 Guide Editors - U14916653

The world needs to know about Curry, and this Entry is a good starting point.

Do you have anything you can add to make this Entry even better?

A87887209 - A Beginner's Guide to Curry

Post 2

Icy North

I joke with one of my Indian friends that what we call 'Indian food' in the UK is actually English food, cooked by Bangladeshis. I've not visited India, but I've heard they eat nothing remotely like it. Most Indians are strictly vegetarian, for one thing.

I think it's high time we had a new entry on Indian restaurants, and this is certainly a start. One area I'd consider expanding is the experience rather than just the food - the sitar music, the flock wallpaper, the framed prints of scenes from the Mughal empire, the brass elephants...

And don't forget the other courses - the bowls of fiery Bombay mix in the waiting area to encourage you to buy drinks, the poppadoms and other starters (king prawn butterfly, anyone?), the vegetable side-dishes (sag aloo smiley - drool), the laminated card of ice-creams in weird plastic containers (my daughter likes the large yellow egg which contains a toy - she still orders this even though she's in her twenties).

Post 3

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

How can you have a daughter in her twenties when you are only in your thirties?smiley - huh

My #1 daughter is currently in India, on a solo vacation. smiley - zen

Post 4

Icy North

Ah, she's 20 while I'm 39.

I wish.

Post 5

Sigh. Spring chickenssmiley - biggrin

Post 6

h2g2 Guide Editors

This A3073556 is a good Entry about restaurants, although it doesn't go into the detail you describe.

I see it also contains a list of dishes that overlaps with this Entry, but there is still a place for this one in the Guide as I think people like how it is structured. I need to cross-check each item in the list next, though...

smiley - ok

Post 7

h2g2 Guide Editors

List has been cross-checked and updated smiley - ok

Post 8

smiley - ok

Time for PR then?smiley - biggrin

GB
smiley - galaxysmiley - spork

Post 9

h2g2 Guide Editors

smiley - ok

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more