A Conversation for SashaQ's NaJoPoMo2013

SashaQ's NaJoPoMo 19 - SashaQ in the 21st Century

Post 1

SashaQ - happysad

I am a bit of a geek smiley - geek but when it comes to technology, I do tend to stick to tried and tested trusty old kit. However, I am slowly emerging into the 21st Century.

It was around this time last year that I got a good deal on a tablet computer - I was doing NaNoWriMo and needed to have a break from sitting at the computer, but didn't want to take a break from being online, so I invested. Now I really appreciate it - it is much quicker to load than my laptop, so if I want to just check something I can, plus I can read h2g2 while sitting comfortably on the sofa or play a game while watching TV.

My old CD cassette player is not in a good condition - it is now a mono rather than a stereo! - so I decided this week that it is time to invest in a digital music player. I was a bit daunted, but looking at how much more compact they are than my current player, I am very impressed. I already bought some digital music a while ago because I got an online voucher, so hopefully it will be straightforward to transfer the tunes across when I get the player.

As well as equipment, I am also getting into the newfangled 21st Century Social Media thingys - I read quite a few blogs these days, as well as h2g2 of course, and I have done quite a lot of networking via Facebook, plus I have signed up to a couple of other dedicated networking sites. I also had a look at Twitter the other day, too, but I'm not quite sure about that yet...

I'm getting there, though! smiley - seniorsmiley - geek

Post 2

Deb

Deb smiley - cheerup

Post 3

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

[Amy P]

Post 4

Researcher 14993127

smiley - geek

smiley - cat

Post 5

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Twitter is very hard to 'understand' until our using it really... its a loverly acletic mix, of mundaine, strange/weird, and useful... I get quite a lot of useful stuff from it; say talking to my local Butcher on it, at midnight, or a local pub landlord, early evening to find out what beer he's got on; traffic updates job addverts placed through on it, following my local newspapers, plus national stuff, plus keeping up with the local newspapers back near my Dad's house/family home, so I can kinda keep up with what is going on over there... and a lot of stuff about bacon and bread, and BDSm, err, though that is largely all mine smiley - winkeye

I do tend to just keep using technology until I have* to repalce it; my ancient netbook keep on going, maybe when that goes I'll get a n Adroid tablet thing, of some description; I've been loving the android phone I got, a real improvement over the old Nokias I used to use smiley - blushsmiley - geek But I'll never give up my decent HiFi, and the ancient speakers I've bought and repaired over the years smiley - geeksmiley - musicalnote Though I do have lot of music on an Mp3 player to listen when I'm on teh train, and now, thinking about it, I've probably even more MP3 music stuck on to my new phone smiley - geek plus I've got access to so* many world wide radio stations on the phone, via an app! (yeh, watch me eat up that data allowance by mistake smiley - blush ) smiley - geeksmiley - musicalnote

Post 6

SashaQ - happysad

Thanks 2legs - I'll keep going with exploring Twitter and see how I go, but I might ask you some questions some time!

Internet Radio is rather good - I was on holiday a few years ago and heard a station that I liked, and when I came home I found it on the internet so I could listen to it a bit more smiley - biggrin

Post 7

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

When we don't have BBC radio Four on, in the front room,my lodger has the PC tuned into some Spnish commercial rdio station, over the net... Luckily it doesn't carry too many adds, and seems to play more-or-less listnablemsusic, unlike commercial radio here in the UK, which, well, unless its changed radically, was when I'd listen occasionally to it, uniformly aweful smiley - laugh

Oh, feel free to ask away if you wish, if I can't help, I'm sure someone on HooToo can smiley - zen

Key: Complain about this post