This is the Message Centre for World Service Memoryshare team

Happy New Year Anna! from Lizzy

Post 1

Brontë Babe (orig. 'Lizzy Gold' but fancied a change of name)

Hi Anna

How are you? I hope you're well and had a great Christmas and New Year. I had a hectic but very enjoyable two weeks' vacation and now I'm back at college in Germany again, ho hum.

How's life in the h2g2 office? Very busy as usual, I expect. I hope Dominic is fine too and getting up to all the naughty antics little boys of his age should be getting up to in order to try Mummy's patience. smiley - laugh It's going to be interesting if I ever have my own kids because at the moment I think that children being mischievous and a bit defiant is one of the best things about them! Sometimes when I'm volunteering with the creche they're such little wotsits that I know I should be shocked/concerned/cross etc but really I want to laugh at their ingenuity! smiley - laugh

Get in touch again, if you can. Zucchini and I are still talking on the 'Lizzy here...oranges! smiley - winkeye' forum so feel free to come and join us again if you want to, though I appreciate you must be *very* busy and have lots of people to talk to!

Best Wishes for 2003!
Lizzy smiley - fairy

Post 2

World Service Memoryshare team

Hey Lizzy,

Thanks for dropping by (I don't get many visitors on my page so I really am chuffed smiley - biggrin ) What's it like being back in Germany? Whereabouts are you? A few years ago I visited Baden at Christmas. It was so lovely: nightmarkets, good food, hot springs. Favourite things smiley - smiley

I don't mind Dom being loud and running around all the time. It makes him happy. Frankly I'd be worried if all he wanted to do was sit and read a book quietly!

smiley - smiley

Anna

Post 3

Oh and Happy New Year to you too!

Anna

Post 4

Zucchini

Eeyup! I've finally had time to read other peoples researcher pages :>
Nice cabbage, Anna.

Post 5

I love that picture. I'd like to scale it up and put it on my wall. I think Asteroid Lil did it. Pretty smiley - smiley

Anna

Post 6

Brontë Babe (orig. 'Lizzy Gold' but fancied a change of name)

Hi Anna

No problem. I'm surprised you dont' get many visitors to your page, as you must get to 'meet' a lot of people thru being on the h2g2 staff. I was really pleased when you replied - I didn't think you would because I thought your Personal Space must be swarming with messages from people!

I'm studying at the University of Dortmund here in Germany. Dortmund is relatively large post-industrial city in the 'Ruhrgebiet', which used to be the industrial heartland of the country. Consequently it's very built-up and heavily populated, though after living for two years in Leeds and spending three months living in London, I don't mind. I'm not really a countryside person, anyway - it's nice for vacations but I need the buzz of the city in my everyday life. Anyway, Dortmund is in the Federal State of North-Rhine Westphalia and about one hour's train journey north-west of Cologne. Christmas is a good time to visit Germany because that's when the famous 'Weihnachtsmarkt', or Christmas market, comes to town. We had one in Dortmund and it was pretty cool.

Yes, I always think that it's a good sign if kids are loud and running around all the time, though I think my opinion may alter radically on this if I become a primary school teacher! smiley - biggrin I think I may well do my PGCE in primary school teaching and work for a primary school teacher for a while first, then go abroad if I still want to. I want to get some teaching experience and have a salary behind me first and primary school teaching is really what I want to do. I love working with kids, but I esp enjoy working with them in primary school.

Which part of London do you live in (ie central London, Hertfordshire etc)? I have relatives who live in New Barnet (my Aunt works at a school in Cockfosters) and Hendon, and I spent the summer living in central London. My boyfriend had a work placement in the City working for 'Merrill Lynch' and his mum works in the City and has a place down there, so he and I lived there during our summer vac 2002. I went down to look for work and wasn't very lucky with it, but I didn't like living in central London amongst all those money-grabbing city folk who only live there in the week anyway. I like Greater London a lot more, esp Hertfordshire. It might be cool to work in a school in London with a lot of ethnic diversity, eg somewhere in Brixton (though I probably wouldn't live there!). Hope I haven't offended you with any of my opinions of London - I'm just glad that you're enjoying living there! smiley - blush

Take care, ttyl, Lizzy smiley - blackcat

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for World Service Memoryshare team

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more