This is the Message Centre for World Service Memoryshare team

Update to A729885, please

Post 1

Nireena

Hello! I'd like to update my entry on Cascading Style Sheets (A729885). d'Elephant pointed out an error in it a while back but I'd been away from the Guide until recently.

The section I'd like to change is currently called "Creating Your Own Tags". I would like to replace that section with this:

--------- start of entry revisions ----------------

Using classes to save time

Say, for example, you are creating a book list so you know that you will be including many book titles in the page. You want the titles to stand out by being a different color, italic, and capitalised. Rather than having to say -

<SPAN STYLE="color: #0000CC; font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif; text-variant: italic; text-transform: capitalize;" > title of book </SPAN>

...for every book title, which would be quite tedious, you can define a book title style:

.booktitle
{color: #0000CC;
font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif;
font-variant: italic;
text-transform: capitalize;}

The period means that this is a class, not an official HTML tag. From now on, whenever you wanted to designate a book title, all you have to write is:

<SPAN class="booktitle">title of book</SPAN>

Definitely preferable, no?

--------------- end of revisions --------------------

I've tried to set it up so that it can just be copied and pasted as GuideML; no formatting should be necessary. If there's any problems with it, let me know.

Thanks! smiley - smiley
smiley - star

Key: Complain about this post

Update to A729885, please

More Conversations for World Service Memoryshare team

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more