This is the Message Centre for World Service Memoryshare team

I keep forgetting to ask...

Post 1

Spartus

If you're the deputy editor, do you get a badge and a gun? Can you arrest people? Particularly for asking silly questions...er, gotta run. smiley - winkeye

Post 2

World Service Memoryshare team

I had hoped so. I'd also quite like a cowboy hat, but no sign yet.

Post 3

beeline

You should change your name to 'Dawg' too. Just for credibility's sake, you understand... smiley - winkeye

Post 4

Jimi X

And you'll need a sidekick! smiley - winkeye

Someone shorter than you so you can talk down to him/her...

"Quick, (sidekick), reinitialize that hard drive and bring me a pot of tea!!"

Maybe you could have a contest to find your very own h2g2 sidekick. (I don't qualify, being nearly as tall as DNA, I afraid!)

smiley - smiley

- Jimi X

Post 5

Spartus

Wouldn't that be Peta, then? That way they can buy matching hats and run around Covent Garden with cap guns and stuff. smiley - smiley

Post 6

Jimi X

Or maybe little Batman and Robin tights...
Can't you just hear Peta saying "Holy empty green mugs Anna, where's the tea pot."

Post 7

Peta

Have you been watching us Spartus? smiley - winkeye

Post 8

Spartus

No, beeline's been spying on you both--that's why he hasn't been around here much. smiley - smiley

Post 9

The Ghost Of TV's Frink

Hmmmm...had a question for Mark or Anna, but neither seems to be posting much these past weeks.......here is the question anyway:

Is there anyway that we can be notified in our rejection emails who the sub-ed was? I recently had a rejection and happened to cross paths with the sub-ed by accident. After a little back-and-forth I was able to better understand what the sub-ed felt was really lacking from the article. True, the rejection email gave a few reasons for the rejection, but it wasn't real clear until we discussed it.

I've revised and resubmitted, by the way. It was a very useful process. I plan to try it with any future rejections (assuming there are any smiley - smiley) but I'd hate to go around to each and every sub-ed asking, "did you do this?"

-TVF

Post 10

Jimi X

Hey Frink! You may want to try asking Peta the same question (ignore this if you already have!).

BTW: How's the dog doing? smiley - smiley

Post 11

The Ghost Of TV's Frink

I was hoping that both Anna and Peta would see this, since they've both posted here.......

TV's Dog was recently elected virtual mayor of my homepage. She received one vote, giving her a narrow one vote victory over everyone else at H2G2......

Post 12

Jimi X

Give her a plant from me with love...
smiley - smiley

Post 13

Peta

Mark and Anna are studiously getting on with the backlog for a while. Its the only way we are going to get it down to a good response time and we think that is really important.

Frink and I have talked about this one now - Thanks for putting it on my page too. smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for World Service Memoryshare team

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more