This is the Message Centre for Effers;England.

The Vespa Experience...

Post 1

Effers;England.

Steve from Wrexham emailed me to say the scooter was collected by the motorcycle delivery company, yesterday, at 5.30pm.

I feel a bit panicked. Water proof cover for it is due to arrive today. Not that it rains much here anymore, but I want it hidden away from view as it were, undercover when parked up overnight. It's an especially pretty one so will attrat attention.

I've reorganised the mass of recycling bins in the front bit so that hopefully it can be parked there rather than on the street.

Things still to do:-

Insurance. Send off V5 form when it arrives with the bike.
Study owners manual I downloaded off some scooter site. Fix it so computer will communicate with printer so I can print it out...

Things needed for now:-

Gloves
2 stroke oil
Cleaning shampoo with wax added and chamois leather. (I'd long since given up washing the Golf and think I'd thrown it out, never believing I'd drive again).
Wing mirrors
A separate lock
Proper nice riding jacket
Waterproof trousers

But I realised even if I don't properly ride it for a week, there really isn't a rush...

The Vespa Experience...

Post 2

Effers;England.

More on this at some point. But she's arrived safely.

The Vespa Experience...

Post 3

anhaga

smiley - bubbly

The Vespa Experience...

Post 4

Effers;England.

Am still sorting out numerous fiddly practical things to do with it...before I can even think of learning to ride it...learning to use the gear change system is going to be the main thing...all done with the left hand hand grip being twitsed in various directions. The clutch is the attached lever.

Still trying to sort out who to insure with. Very annoyed earlier as apparently if I was married the premium would be lower. What do these companies think? a woman needs a husband to tame her bucking bronco tendencies when she gets on 2 wheels.

Main problem at present is that I'm having a lot of stomach and abdominal pain which is quite debilitating, plus the sleep problems...so its hard to force myself. But there really is no rush.

She's just so pretty though...but heavier than I expected. I don't want to try to learn to ride not feeling well...and have her fall over and get scratched.

And no I'm not having second thoughts. I knew she'd be difficult.

The Vespa Experience...

Post 5

TRiG (Ireland) A dog, so bade in office

> a woman needs a husband to tame her bucking bronco tendencies when she gets on 2 wheels.

smiley - laugh

I never will understand insurance companies. Good luck with the bike!

TRiG.smiley - dolphin

The Vespa Experience...

Post 6

Effers;England.

I believe it is to do with stats. Obviously stats must show that married women are a slightly lower risk...Wonder if that includes gay marriage? smiley - winkeye

Thing is there are numerous other factors that will cause you to be a higher or lower risk statistically...but they select certain ones...like that one. Some companies do anyway.

Next time the oik on the phone asks that question..I'll ask him whether gay marriage counts..smiley - devil

Thanks for the good luck though.
smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Effers;England.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more