This is the Message Centre for Effers;England.

Warmth.

Post 1

Effers;England.

I feel very cheered up because I got to the fishmongers today and bought oysters..They are big and juicy...judging by the size of the shells. I think this time of year is supposedly when they are at their best...The guy said its usually saturday or especially sunday when they now sell out early.

Also I'm changing my mind about the new delicatessant coffee/teashop with the men with the funny aprons. They are getting really relaxed and chatty with me now, and let me do the re-fill wine thing they do from barrels. That's to go with the oysters.

Also got croissants from the bakery.

(I still have massive problems with my sense of taste...that's gone on for nearly a year now...like this depression..well that's the cause...always was in the past...Everyone seemed really friendly..)

Oh yeah another reason the deli is growing on me, is they had a chalk board out on the pavement, with a big arrow pointing into the cafe bit with 'Warmth' written on it...(it didn't get above freezing today). I love their humour

smiley - smiley

Warmth.

Post 2

Effers;England.

I have to report that the new frontage to the fish and chip shop looks brilliant...sort of grey brushed metal, and called The Fish Bar...rather than the previous lurid yellow plastic, called the Astari bar...but I liked that too. The inside is the same. The men are delighted with the new look and they were pleased when I told them how cool it now looks.

Chicken and chips is till their biggest seller though I think and those are the little pictures that still appear in the window on the outside. But I'm fish and chips through and through.

The small 'African' restaurant next door now also does takeaway. Must try that soon.

Great news I discovered today. The Olympic park in the East End has been sown with wildflower meadow seeds from all the continents of the world with varieties that flower when the Games are on. That's so brilliant. It makes total sense because of all the construction top soil will have been removed and there is probably plenty of rubble in the soil. Wildflower meadows do best on poor soil.

I can't wait to see that when I go. Also lots of trees have been planted with bat boxes attached.

My actual tickets are due to arrive soon they emailed me. smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Effers;England.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more