A Conversation for Pub Quizzes

How I laughed!

Post 1

Jonbo the Great (taxidermist)

Hahahaha. HAHAHAHAHahahahaha. It's funny because it true.
I was once killed in a pub quiz competition. Funny, that. Isn't it?

How I laughed! - me too!

Post 2

Maisie

I was once threatened with death by filthy look when our team beat the resident 'wins every week' team the first time we played...Oh how we revelled in the praise and thanks we received for knocking them off their lofty perch...

How I laughed! - and me!!

Post 3

krisni

Just climbed back onto my chair to write this...

How I laughed - or else I'd have wept

Post 4

DelphicOracle

You want to be careful about offending the resident quiz team (a.k.a. the Cardy Nostra), particularly if your local is a Sicilian theme pub. The fear of God that can be engendered by four bearded men with a range of pot-bellies, bifocal glasses and a Transpennine railway timetable is not to be underestimated. The body odour alone can usually kill from three tables away...

Post 5

shazzPRME

Hahahahahaha......and have you examined those Timetables......it's amazing how much useful information can be packed into one of those......the last 25 winners of the Grand National for example smiley - bigeyes
shazz smiley - winkeye

How to really rub it in

Post 6

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

My friend and I always played under the team name "losers," which usually achieved the affect we were after...no one wants to get beaten by a loser smiley - winkeye

Post 7

TIMELORD

Yes but does it help you with my sci-fi quiz there will be a small prize if it does so give it your best shot and good luck..

Post 8

The Cow

We're always the 'Bar proppers' .. even when we are forced from our usual seats... smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more