This is the Message Centre for Empress of Blandings

Mmmmmm, Mustardy!

Post 1

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Hiya, EoB. Forgive the informality; just a quick note on enabling the Mustard... To get a retina-searing yellow background, follow this link:

<./>/dna/h2g2/plain/UserDetails</.>

and paste the following URL into the field marked "Stylesheet"...

http://www.geocities.com/wierd-peet/mustard.css

Check the button marked "White" and hit "Update Details".

Thassorl.

Mmmmmm, Mustardy!

Post 2

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Oooh, and while you're there you could edit those unsightly underscores out of your name... smiley - smiley

You might want to make the acquaintance of this site's *other* Empress of Blandings (U196481) who seems to have been here a while, or you might just want to leave them to their own devices. Usernames here aren't unique, you see; I just wanted to draw them to your attention now, rather than have you accuse them of being a sockpuppet at some point in the future when you both post on the same thread... smiley - weird

Mmmmmm, Mustardy!

Post 3

...although that's unlikely, since I just noticed *that* Empress of Blandings hasn't been around since 2002... smiley - blush

Mmmmmm, Mustardy!

Post 4

Empress of Blandings

Phew! smiley - yawn I got myself into Fort Knox by telling them I wasn't who I said I was and then signing on as normal. Thanks for your instructions - now I must try to make this "home-from-home" eyeball-melting yellow.

I hate it when the furniture is moved around too.

Mmmmmm, Mustardy!

Post 5

Empress of Blandings

Aaargh Peet! When I registered all those weeks (days?) ago, I was told I couldn't use spaces. How do I change my name? I could call myself Imperial Oink or something. smiley - cry

Mmmmmm, Mustardy!

Post 6

You can use spaces in your screen name, just not in your user name.

I don't think you'll have a problem with mistaken identity, since as I say, that EoB hasn't been around for nearly three years. Even if (s)he was, it wouldn't be a catastrophe, as you're unlikely to have the same circle of friends. This place is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mindbogglingly big it it. You may think it's a long way down the street to the chemists, but that's just peanuts to this place... (©ish Douglas Adams) smiley - biggrin

Just click the "Preferences" link while you're logged in and change your screen name to pretty much anything you fancy - your login name will remain the same, but that's just between you and Auntie Beeb; your nickname is what everybody else sees. smiley - geeksmiley - ok

By the way, did the Mustardising trick work? smiley - erm

Mmmmmm, Mustardy!

Post 7

Empress of Blandings

smiley - wow ! This is creepy! I almost think I am in ML! I need help to find my way about. It is like a maze, following links and finding myself in the Great Big Space that is h2g2. How can I stay within semi-ML? Are the conversations on the left my own? How do I find The Bull, Grundy's and Grey Gables again?

Thank you very much for your help, btw!

Mmmmmm, Mustardy!

Post 8

You're welcome. smiley - cheerup

The conversations that show up on your Personal Space are all either:

1) Conversations in which you've participated,

2) Conversations in which someone on your "Friends List" has participated, or

3) Conversations attached to a page to which you are "Subscribed".

Sadly, at this moment there's no way of telling who has posted where without actually going there to look; this problem may be addressed in the new Mustardland, but probably not in time for the launch. smiley - erm

For convenience, here are a couple of links:

The Bull Outhouse: A3876131
Grey Gables: A3886923
Eddie's Cider Club: A3886914
The Mustardland Mustering Station: U1485019

If you need to find me, just click on my name (above) and leave a message on my space. Don't worry if you can't find many Mustardeers around at the moment; they all come out of the woodwork after midnight when Mustardland's boards are closed... (This place is 24/7! smiley - wow)

In the interim, you can amuse yourself by reading a <./>RandomEditedEntry</.> - if you don't click on anything else, pressing "F5" (refresh) after you read it will bring up another one, ad-infinitum... Have fun. smiley - jester

Mmmmmm, Mustardy!

Post 9

Empress of Blandings

How do I find people to add to my "Friends" list? Sorry, I must appear terribly thick! And how do I know if someone has replied to a post? Is there anywhere we can tick to recieve email notifications?

Thanks for the information and the flower smiley - blush !

Mmmmmm, Mustardy!

Post 10

No email notifications I'm afraid... Yet... It's planned for the new Mustardland, though, and they're definitely working on it at the moment.

I'd recommend that you don't add folk to your "Friends List"... The name is a bit misleading, as all it does is automatically subscribe you to every thread they post on, so if they post a lot they can push all your own conversations off the bottom of your Personal Space pdq. If you go the the Mustardland Mustering Station and look at the list of conversations there, that covers everybody we know of who's come across from Mustardland. That page has a huge "Friends List" so nobody else has to. smiley - smiley

If you look at the list of conversations on your own PS it'll tell you when you last posted, and if there have been any replies. If there have been replies you have the choice of clicking on the "Last posting" time, which takes you to your own last contribution and lets you read onwards from there, or click on the time of the most recent posting, which takes you directly to the end of the thread.

There's a popup gadget on the left called "My Conversations" - it lists all the conversations you are subscribed to, and automatically updates every two minutes or so. See if you can live with that... smiley - erm

Key: Complain about this post