This is the Message Centre for cookiepuss

Thursday 25th August =^..^=

Post 1

cookiepuss

We set the alarm and managed to drag ourselves out of bed early. All fed, packed up, checked out and down at the terminal in good time! I saw a hare running across a field just outside Stromness. We've also seen loads of seabirds we can't identify - must get the bird book out.

The ferry crossing was much less rough than we expected, but at least one person was seasick in the ladies' loo.smiley - ill We had lunch in Thurso, then headed down the A 9. The road widening scheme near Helmsdale is nearing completion; much less trouble than on the way up. We had a coffee break in Dornoch smiley - coffee and a look at the Continental Market (bought some pastries & sausages) then carried on along the A 9, through the beautiful mountain scenery, back to the B&B in Kingussie, arriving at 6.45pm.

We were all very tired by then,smiley - yawn so after listening to the Archers, we got ready to go out for a quick meal at the Tipsy Laird, another place recommended by the owners of the B&B. It was good, and the waitress loved YD's pet haggis, which has come with her on most trips since she got it.smiley - biggrin

We all had an early night - I've not done nearly as much knitting and crochet as I wanted, as I'm often too tired!smiley - yawn I have finished several projects though - a couple of bags & some belts.

Key: Complain about this post

Thursday 25th August =^..^=

More Conversations for cookiepuss

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more