This is the Message Centre for annie_cambridge

Christmas done!

Post 1

annie_cambridge

smiley - xmastree

All done and dusted for another year. I was still putting my cards up in the flat when the taxi arrived to take me to the station on Christmas Eve, so I had to finish the job when I got back today. They won't be up for long, as I shall take them down before I go back to work on 3 Jan.

Had a pleasant few days at my sister & bro-in-law's. Niece (vet nurse) and nephew (police officer) were both working at various points over the holiday, so stayed in their respective homes. We ate and drank very well - bro-in-law made an impressive Beef Wellington for Christmas lunch - Jamie's recipe.

Now plan to have more relaxing days at home, although I will have to catch up with a bit of housework: it's been rather neglected during the interview period, and I will notice the dust and rubbish more, being at home during the day. I may also have a day in London - I fancy seeing the Grayson Perry exhibition at the BM.

Treated myself to an iPad, as a present to me - yay!! - so have also booked in for an introductory workshop at the Apple shop in town. Loving it so far ...

Christmas done!

Post 2

woofti aka groovy gravy

Christmas all done here too I hope. Back to normal tomorrow. I took the Christmas tree down this afternoon. It's been pretty low-key although I had a Nando's on Boxing Day from Mr Delivery.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for annie_cambridge

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more