This is the Message Centre for annie_cambridge

Tired

Post 1

annie_cambridge

For the last couple of weeks I've been getting to the office about 8.00am and not leaving before 5.30. Got away a bit early tonight, but still not by my usual finishing time of 4pm on a Friday.

This is because we are doing early interviews, as well as all the preparation for the normal interview period in December. I wish all the Directors of Studies and other interviewers would stick to the plans they sent me and not suddenly say "I know I said I could do those three days, but actually on the middle day I'd like to go to a conference - could you rearrange the schedule around that please?" Aaargh!

Had to do quite a lot of 'sheepdog' duties with the interviews today, as it's difficult to recruit undergrad helpers during termtime.

Hoping to get a lot more interview timetables sorted next week, and wondering whether it would be a good idea to go into the office at the weekend for a few hours.

Went to see "The Kids are All Right" on Wednesday after work - it had v good reviews, but I thought it was just OK.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for annie_cambridge

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more