This is the Message Centre for annie_cambridge

Easter break

Post 1

annie_cambridge

Was back at work for a couple of days after Cardiff conference, then took a few more days off after the Easter weekend. Most of the time it was pretty boring - grey, drizzly weather, and staying in so that the painters could do doors and windows - but yesterday I had an outing to London.

I'm rubbish about planning in advance for hols/bank hols etc, so had just phoned my friend G in London on Sunday and suggested visiting him. When I got there, he suggested we went to Kenwood and this turned out to be brilliant. I hadn't been there for years, and it was a near-perfect day - warm and sunny, just a bit too much haze to see the City skyline clearly.

We had a walk round the lake, had a very good lunch at an outside table, and admired the Suffolk portrait collection in the house. Also very good chats - we've known each other for over 30 years, so conversation is always easy.

Horrible journey back: the platform for the 6.45pm train at Kings Cross wasn't announced until a few minutes before it was due to leave, and then it was only 4 carriages. As I didn't fancy standing for the whole journey, packed in like a sardine, I waited for the 7.15, and then that one was held up by signal problems at Stevenage. Oh well - at least I don't have to commute every day any more!

Heavy rain overnight, and another grey and wet day today. Hope it clears up a bit by Saturday, as we have a Year 10 Open Day, and it always helps if we can run some of the sessions outside.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for annie_cambridge

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more