This is the Message Centre for annie_cambridge

Non-shopping

Post 1

annie_cambridge

Yesterday was *very* cold here. Went into town to look for something vaguely resembling a Christmas outfit. Failed miserably in my quest. Hate shopping anyway, and town on a Saturday is my idea of hell. The only things that were vaguely possible were two skirts in Monsoon - one was too long for cycling in, and couldn't easily be shortened because it had embroidery round the hem. The other one they didn't have in my size. smiley - sadface

Had a late lunch at my local wine bar (Cumberland sausage & mash, with a large glass of Tempranillo) to recover after the non-shopping experience.

Today was a bit milder, but wet, wet, wet. Two friends came from London for the day to join us at the Sunday lunch club. We had a good time there - everybody is always very friendly and welcoming to friends of friends. One of the visitors had not been to Cambridge before and we had been planning to do a whirlwind tour of the historic centre in the afternoon, but it was just too wet and miserable. We had an (indoor) tour of my college and a drive round the Backs instead, so hope he can come again in better weather.

Non-shopping

Post 2

annie_cambridge

And today was sunny and cold. Just like the day after we went to Kew in the rain a few weeks back. smiley - grr

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for annie_cambridge

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more