This is the Message Centre for annie_cambridge

The weekend starts here

Post 1

annie_cambridge

Well actually I feel as if it started yesterday. The last couple of weeks I've taken the day off on Thursday, and it's been really good - last week it was a lovely day and E and I had lunch in the garden of our favourite Chinese noodle restaurant. This week it was cool and cloudy with showers, and I did some housework (yuck!), which means I don't have to do it at the weekend.

This morning there was a leaving party for the Principal's secretary, who has been at the college for 16 years. Wine and high quality nibbles (stuffed jalapeno peppers - yummy!) in the Principal's Lodge.

Called in at the Picturehouse cafe bar for coffee and cake on the way home this afternoon - I often do this on a Friday, and sometimes buy cinema tickets too (not today though - too much other stuff going on this w/e). Then cycled over to a friend's house to deliver her copy of the book for next meeting of our book group. We're reading A Concise Chinese-English Dictionary for Lovers. I read the first few pages of my copy in the cafe, and really like it so far.

Tomorrow I'm going into work for a short time in the morning: one of our Associates (http://www.newnhamassociates.org.uk/), who is a teacher, is bringing some of her students to visit Cambridge when she comes for an Associates' meeting. I have lined up a few of our current undergrads to look after them, but as one of the visiting students is the daughter of a famous TV actress, I want to make sure everything goes to plan.

Then at lunchtime it's the ML meet in Cambridge. Looking forward to seeing familiar faces again, and meeting new people - that's the best bit of ML meets. Thankfully some other MLers took over the organisation, as I was getting a bit fed up with conflicting expectations/wishes/suggested activities!

My sis is coming over again on Sunday, as her OH has gone off sailing at short notice. We'll probably do a bit of shopping, and she will come along to the usual pub Sunday lunch with the rest of the gang.

Key: Complain about this post

The weekend starts here

More Conversations for annie_cambridge

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more