This is the Message Centre for woofti aka groovy gravy

Post 1

woofti aka groovy gravy

Just starting this entry when the builder's noise starts up again. Oh dear.

Well there we are. I'd better OK the work by Rupert.

Post 2

woofti aka groovy gravy

You know, hating and blaming doesn't get anyone anywhere.

Post 3

woofti aka groovy gravy

Phoning and Skyping tonight, chap called Gil in Israel and Vuyi in Stellenbosch.

Pleased with the Movements for Solo Flute. Yeah. Even the first movement works.

Post 4

woofti aka groovy gravy

Did this tonight, for Mustardland.

http://rjhillier.net/archive/kyr6.mp3

smiley - musicalnote
smiley - rose

Post 5

woofti aka groovy gravy

I am going to sort out my dates for Israel hopefully now, and then I've got a recommendation for a place to stay, from the Rabbi, who phoned me at just the right time. Did some good music stuff. Am pleased with the Movements for Solo Flute. What to do next, seeing as I appear to be composing again. Perhaps a Flute Sonata with piano for myself / Isaac to play with Lily.

I made a start on something for flute and piano but I don't know what it was. E major somehow.

Now it's Gil's turn to call me on Skype.

Post 6

woofti aka groovy gravy

Well it's been quite an evening. I can barely remember what I did between the hours of six and nine. Very strange; I have the impression I went out somewhere, but I don't think I can have. But it is an unshakeable impression.

Post 7

woofti aka groovy gravy

I sat waiting for a Skype call only to find that he's only calling tomorrow. What a waste of time. But there was a tricky assault from on low that needed standing against, indeed, I am still standing in it, so that has been a profitable use of the time after all. Indeed, tonight has been more dangerous than all the time since November. It's a full-on assault from the Honeybadger's maternal, and it's fierce. Like a complete idiot I told her what to do to make me doubt my standing, so she's done precisely that. That is admittedly typical.

I need to get away. I can feel myself degenerating morally, and need to get some peace. But the Lord says, Your peace will come to you here in the midst; as it is written, Thou preparest a table for me in the presence of my enemies. So I don't need to get away to find peace, I just need to stand where I am, and the enemy will exhaust itself and my peace will come with the final manifestation of Christ's Victory.

It's been the most extraordinary time. It's been unpleasant but necessary, a discipline of the most arduous kind. Now there's a direct assault on my heart; "guard your heart", "do not let your hearts be troubled". Stand, stand, stand; if you do not stand now you will not stand at all.

After the lies comes the direct spiritual assault, that transcends words. Of course one remembers that it looked like Jesus was defeated on the Cross; I don't know what the strategy should be in this situation. It's war, but not as we know it, Jim.

Poor Honeybadger, apparently she's been enabled to get over me now. I don't half miss her. smiley - wah

Post 8

woofti aka groovy gravy

Andrew's coming round to help with assembling the poem and the blocks of wood this afternoon, I hope. I haven't got a G-clamp.

Post 9

woofti aka groovy gravy

Tuning fork, anger, cloudbuster, bush, south, telescope, freezer.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for woofti aka groovy gravy

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more