This is the Message Centre for woofti aka groovy gravy

Post 1

woofti aka groovy gravy

God be glorified. It's been a hectic few days, I mean really hectic. But God is Victor especially when it's hectic. Now I need to rest in God a bit and find my way back to health.

It's a lovely sunny day and I'm wondering whether to go for a drive.

Post 2

woofti aka groovy gravy

Couldn't find 17 Summerley Road, so I gave a copy of Words to Vic. I hope he enjoys it.

Post 3

woofti aka groovy gravy

I think etymology can be used as a teaching tool when it is guided by theology. So for example, we know by faith that the togetherness of fellowship, denoted by the word koinonia, is symbolised by the marital relationship, as Paul says that marriage is a symbol of Christ and the Church, as well as of the relationship between Christ and the believer (cf. the 'Marian Church' metaphor of the Romans). So it is fine to refer to the Classical Greek usage of koinos to denote the intimacy of marriage. Because the theological happens to coincide with the etymological. If we are careful to prioritise the theological in our use of etymology, then it is by all means permissible in teaching the Bible.

Post 4

woofti aka groovy gravy

Shifted a bunch of Xhosa and English township edition words via Theo.

He's done his place up really nice with some spare paint I gave him.

Home again home again jiggety jog.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for woofti aka groovy gravy

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more