This is the Message Centre for woofti aka groovy gravy

Post 1

woofti aka groovy gravy

Beit Shelee then.

How much land one bought well, one would have to beware squatters, although one could put them to work on the land I suppose.

One might farm the land if one could irrigate it. What could I grow? Well I don't know. Not grapes, but veg I suppose. Poppies?

Perhaps not. Well, perhaps one might build two storeys and have the ground floor a big music room, and live on the top floor. If one grew veg one could sell it.

One would have to erect a wall or some sort of invisible fence around the building some hundred meters away, and cultivate the garden. Perhaps a moat? Or a ha-ha. Just thinking, if the locals knew that a solitary larney was living in a new house in the bush they would come and erect shacks here, and I'd have to find out what my rights would be and perhaps get a couple of dogs to roam the land, trained to eject those who would build thereon. Have to think of this first I think.

But assuming all these practicalities were overcomeable, then I should be able to build - I mean, of course, have built, and I have someone in mind as a project manager to represent me - a dwelling entirely of my own design, well, done by an architect but to my rough drawings.

I thought something octagonal.

A small music room with a central stage with seating all around as a ground floor? And a first floor with the house proper? With steps leading down to the garden? No, with a ladder leading down and to be pulled up so that you couldn't gain access to the house proper when I was indoors. Safety you see.

You might gain access to the house via the music room and a sort of ladder up to a hatch like a submarine. Of course there would need to be a manual lift for bags, but people should have to climb I suppose. Or perhaps a manual lift for older personages, I don't know.

Something entirely secure, anyway.

The roof to be one big balcony.

The music room would need a lot of money, in itself; I'd have to do something temporary and do that up later.

Anyway.

Post 2

woofti aka groovy gravy

Started a new piece last night but had to stop part-way through, which was annoying. Had better get back to that pronto. Still gaining enjoyment from listening to the Sonatina and the Little Sonata; I need to get this flute piece done so I've got something else to listen to. Needs to be in several movements as well I think.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for woofti aka groovy gravy

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more