This is the Message Centre for woofti aka groovy gravy

Post 1

woofti aka groovy gravy

Another day. Slept in the morning. Went out at luncheontide to get my clothes from Mimi. Sad news - her father's just died. Oh dear.

Sethu was waiting for me when I got back. Having told Theo that I didn't answer the door for him on purpose but without emphasising that I was in the middle of composing something and I had to concentrate. So I got the full Xhosa passive-aggressive bs this afternoon. Where are the renewed minds? Looks like I have to seek out some older believers, the young ones are all - you know.

Pan Pieknie-Pisajacy ouk antigraphei moi. (That's substandard Greek and Polish but I know what it means.)

Post 2

woofti aka groovy gravy

Oh dear. I loaded my cellphone with bags of airtime recently because well, I just wanted not to have to recharge it again soon. And I was foolish enough to lend my phone to Miss Phonealot. And now I've got nine Rands left. Oh dear. (I remember when nine Rands was quite lot of money.)

Well I have learnt my lesson haven't I.

Post 3

woofti aka groovy gravy

I can do whatever I need to do to the Entz machine while it's offline, apart from loading the OS, but as it's going to be Mint it won't have the same problem. I plan on staying up tonight so perhaps I can make that my night's task. The Entz machine doesn't have to communicate with any other machine so the fact that I can't get my Mint boxes to share (the other Linux boxes can see the Mint boxes but you can't open the share) won't matter so much. I installed Samba tools and played with the configuration but it still doesn't work. It seems there's just a permission that isn't set but I can't find what it might be. Everything appears to be OK from the Mint end. I'll sort it out eventually. For the time being I've got my Mint USB stick, I hope it's still around, and I will sort out the Entz Machine.

Post 4

woofti aka groovy gravy

Apparently I didn't lend my phone away. So what ate up all those Rands' worth of airtime? You know I don't think I loaded it...

Post 5

woofti aka groovy gravy

OK so I was wrong, I apologise to Miss Phonealot.

I see Lauren K has become Lauren T. Well done Lauren.

That must have been quite recent.

There's still a bunch of Boerewors in the kitchen, excellent.

Post 6

woofti aka groovy gravy

Got a good American talk show on now. I think it's about to finish though. But it's interesting. Let's hope there's another interesting one after this. This is fascinating. It's just a talking head. Not a phone-in. Excellent. Internet Radio has transformed our lives. Oh he's taking calls now.

Post 7

woofti aka groovy gravy

The adverts are frightening though. I couldn't cope with that.

Post 8

woofti aka groovy gravy

Ich habe begonnen, ueber die Sonatina zu denken. The waltz in the second movement will be prepared for in the first and third movements. Very simple. A return of the row of the second in the first and the third.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for woofti aka groovy gravy

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more