This is the Message Centre for woofti aka groovy gravy

one thing that's lacking on here

Post 1

woofti aka groovy gravy

is an instant chat facility. I just noticed Douglas was online and would like to say Hi there, but I have no means of chatting with him a bit in text chat.

Post 2

DruglessBrain

I have been popping on and off line throughout the afternoon (I nearly typed aifterneen there, BTW). I have been copying CD writing and file-converting software over onto my laptop, and I have just test-burned an audio CD - a US jazz-rock band called Oshe. Very Brand X/Paraphanalia/later Soft Machine.

Oh! Dagesh! Peet has been speaking with Desmo Dromic - he's only just found out that Desmo is an Aberdeen Mustardlander, and was thinking about inviting him along to our November night out. Actually, there's one more - someone (a woman) with a cat-type name... Hmmm...

I've just chopped up the ingredients for tea.

My mother has just phoned me. My father has had to go in to hospital (side effects of medication?) and my brother is on an oil rig that has had to be evacuated - his job is to abseil up and down the thing looking for what's gone wrong...

Douglas

Post 3

woofti aka groovy gravy

We could have an Aberdeen Mustard Meet. I leave the arrangements up to you and Peet because I'm still battling to find out when I'll be up in Aberdeen. It's difficult being without one's calendar or diary and ready access to internet from home etc etc. I will let you know in good time when I'll be available. Of course if we invite others they may not be able to make the very limited window that I'll be available in.

Let me see... I get into the UK in the early morning of Nov 2. I will then need to be in Kent all that day and night, to catch up on sleep. I will probably be flying up to Aberdeen on Nov 3rd, then having the Chinese feast on the night of the 3rd, sleeping in Abdn on the 3rd then flying back down to Kent on Nov the 4th. Wedding takes place on Nov 5th and I fly back to SA on Nov 7th.

That is my itinerary. It is, unfortunately and for obvious reasons, rather inflexible so if Desmo and Pusscat want to come, they'll have to make that date (looks like the 3rd). Sorry to be so inflexible and demanding but that's the way it has to be, given my limited time in the UK!

Cheers
Dagesh x

PS will try to check if that date is available to fly but you will appreciate it's difficult to do from this distance. My brother has said he will be onto it - I will email him about it just now.

Post 4

woofti aka groovy gravy

Actually Douglas could you please confirm with Sue and Peet (and the others, if you like) that you can make the night of the 3rd as I am on the brink of asking my brother to book that flight for me. thanks

dagesh x

Post 5

sue_green

Thursday 3rd is possible for us and it's OK with Peet.

Sue

Post 6

newMissTee

Ooooh I wish I could come! It sounds as though it's going to be a really memorable event!smiley - winkeye

Post 7

sue_green

Watch this space...

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for woofti aka groovy gravy

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more