This is the Message Centre for woofti aka groovy gravy

Post 1

woofti aka groovy gravy

I didn't write an entry yesterday because Sandile invited me as his guest to a lunch in Franschhoek where i had far too much wine to drink. It wasn't very good wine and I had a shocking hangover and threw up before I went to bed. smiley - ill For lunch, I had quail to start and a seafood curry, followed by a disappointing creme brulee. I think maybe there was something wrong with the seafood.

Some bad news from the family came as I looked at my emails yesterday evening and I spent the whole hour emailing, trying to do something about the situation. I ran out of time before I could write a hootoo entry.

Anyway I have just dropped off the laundry - I was going to do it at home, but haven't bought a drying rack yet. And it isn't so sunny this morning anyway.

I am still feeling a bit crook. I haven't listened to TA yet. I am going to the B&B for TA after my internet hour is up.

I have decided to write another book. Last year I wrote a book about Ecclesiastes but it hasn't found a publisher. Instead of trying to get it published here, I have decided to write another one. This one will be entitled "The Intercession of Christ in the Believer". It will be about prayer: the priesthood of Christ and the priesthood of the believer. At the moment I have just a mass of ideas which I must wrestle with and organise into form.

Gosh I wish my head would clear up.

Post 2

annie_cambridge

Sorry you're not feeling well Richard - seafood curry could well be the culprit, as it only takes one bad mussel ... !

Post 3

studioj

And /only/ in the 'believer', right Dagesh? Put me straight.

On a related note, that is if I understand the meaning of the word 'intercession' correctly, I was absolutely tupping furious to hear a week or so back that my father's name had, a week or so before that, been read out at a church service asking the flock to 'pray for him'. How *dare* these people do this - *without* asking his permission?!? What the tupp did they think they were going to achieve? Spirit up some kind of miracle cure from the impending onset of multiple organ failure? Extend his life, distress and misery by a few days/weeks? Or even attempt to influence the destiny of his soul? WITHOUT ASKING HIS PERMISSION? How *dare* they be so tupping presumptious?! I am sickened and furious at this. I am just so very glad that my dad didn't hear about it.. at least I hope he didn't 'cos he would have been at least as disgusted and furious as I am now.

Hope you are well, btw.

jont {;¬· >···{

Post 4

studioj

Obviously, that should read: "Hope you are feeling better, btw" smiley - smiley

jont {;¬· >···{

Post 5

newMissTee

Jont ~ peace!!!

I'm sorry you're so angry and upset, but please don't blame poor Dagesh ~ it sounds as though he's suffering enough anyway!smiley - sadface

I'm really sorry about your dad, and I appreciate that it will take some time to come to terms with everything surrounding his illness & loss. I do hope that you've been able to spend some quality time with your brothers, and that you're concentrating on taking one day at a time at present.

I wish you lived nearer as my reconditioned pooter has ceased functioning ~ after 18 months of sterling service. I'm currently borrowing my son's ~ luckily at the same address!

Take care,
Misty x

Post 6

studioj

Misty, I have been set the task of disposing of dad's old computer, it's an HP Pavillion.

I had been wondering whether you had gotten yours fixed and/or whether you would have wanted it. It currently has Windows 98 on it but I thought that that would suit you ok.

But I'd need to fire it up, check it over and wipe all of dad's stuff off it. If it's all ok, it's yours for the taking (you'd need to use your old keyboard/mouse/monitor etc).

Would need a way to get it to you. And it maybe a while before I can deal with it though.

jont {;¬· >···{

Post 7

studioj

Misty: ps:

Firstly, I *wasn't* blaming Dagesh.. just challenging some of what he says.. and also asking him to correct me.

Secondly: Dagesh has, in the past, told me that he appreciated my challenges (to his faith) and indeed had complimented me on how far I had come in the last year or so, as far as being able to ask relevant and challenging questions. Of course, these only serve to strengthen his faith - if he is able answer them - at least to his own satisfaction.

Thirdly: Dagesh is a grown man.. and if he is willing to spout religious guff on a public space (which invites response) then he must be perfectly aware that challenges may be made. If Dagesh now feels that I am just snapping at his heels (which is not my intent).. then he should say so.. and I shall back off. This would be a shame, for I still have questions I believe are worth asking. But for me, Dagesh has been a fine for me in my challenging of Christianity as part of my investigation into belief systems in general.

Fourthly: Any anger/bitterness you may perceive here (re: religion) has absolutely zilch do with my mum or dad's deaths. I do have some bitterness about these too.. but that is a different issue to any current bitterness/anger that may I may have with regards organised religion. Any feelings of bitterness/anger may be running parallel but are entirely separate.

Fifthly: Thank you for your kind words, re my father.

Sixthly: I hope you are well.

jont {;¬· >···{

Post 8

newMissTee

Cheers, Jont! That's a very kind offer, which is much appreciated. My former OH has offered to fix the old one by putting new "bits" into it, only it would mean taking it ~ probably in my shopping-trolley!!! ~ down to where he lives, near Portsmouth. (Tee-hee ~ that sounds as though I'd be trundling my trolley on foot all the way to Hampshire, but I'd probably get some help from N*tional Expr*ss coaches!!)

For various reasons I'm not particularly keen on this idea, although it would undoubtedly be cheaper than buying a completely new one. My old (re-conditioned) one lasted 18 months, and its age has recently been estimated as "at least seven years". How long would you say a computer could reasonably be expected to last, from new??

I seem to have "lost" various things, including my e-mail addresses, so I wonder whether you could send me an owl at some point, so that I can re-discover your own address??

BTW I have a "posh" mouse ~ one which lights up & doesn't need a mouse-mat. I think it's just about the only "posh" item I possess!!smiley - smiley The monitor (17") & keyboard are both aok.

Thanks again for your kind offer. If I went to Hampshire I was planning to go in 2 or 3 weeks time. 'Bye for now, Misty x

Post 9

studioj

Sorry Misty, but it's not very clear to me whether you're not keen on getting your old computer fixed or you're not keen on inheriting my dad's old one. Can you clarify for this bear of little brain?

As my dad's cremation/celebration is tomorrow - and I shall have limited access to the net - I may not be around for a little while.

jont {;¬· >···{

Post 10

newMissTee

Jont ~ what I meant was ~ I'm not particularly keen on going to Hampshire (chez le former OH)!! smiley - sadface

I'll be thinking of you and the family tomorrow. I hope that it turns out to be as pleasant an event as possible, and that you'll really be able to celebrate your father's life.
Best wishes, Misty x

Post 11

newMissTee

Hello again Jont! My son is asking what is the Model no. of the HP Pavillion computer, or any other info you could give about it. Many thanks, Misty x

Post 12

studioj

Misty, according to the writing on the box (it's packed up and in my car now) it's an 8760UK. I hope that's enough info for now 'cos I don't want to unpack it and fire it up until I get home at the weekend.

I can't remember how much ram or the size of hard disk.. but I do know that it is a new hard disk, fitted earlier in the year due to the old one failing.

It served dad well for all his uses.. writing letters, emails etc. He didn't do much surfing but it is well able in that respect. And remember, it's free (though there is the matter of getting it to you).

jont {;¬· >···{

Post 13

newMissTee

Thanks very much for the info, Jont! I've made a careful note of it. Please get in touch with me again when you are able ~ perhaps by owl?

Thinking of you all at this time.
x Misty x

Post 14

studioj

Misty, there's nout wrong wiv Portsmouth y'know. In fact, some very fine people have been born there.

Myself, both my brothers, both my parents and my father's two brothers & sister were all born there.. so it can't be that bad a place smiley - smileysmiley - smiley

Will owl you after I've fired up dad's puter and checked it over.

Thanks again for your kind thoughts.

Keep well.

jont {;¬· >···{

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for woofti aka groovy gravy

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more