This is the Message Centre for martine_s

Paris, October 21, 2005

Post 1

martine_s

Windy and rainy today. The little sweet and I had to rush home from the park. She has made huge progress in her eight weeks of nursery school and now masters quite complex syntactic structure, like the difference between "viens" and vienne". She has been told her mother had a little baby in her tummy and takes it in her stride. Her first copy book with drawings and photographs... Bless.
Poor dil is having a hard time at work. One would like to see young women treated fairly. Alas...

Paris, October 21, 2005

Post 2

woofti aka groovy gravy

viens and vienne is indicative and subjunctive, IIRC. With that one phrase you have made me incredibly nostalgic for the days when I was a language student. I spend all my work-time on theology now. I do miss the peculiar intellectual and aesthetic pleasures I used to get from (specifically) French grammar, which I adored in its Baroque complexity.

lots of love and keep posting, I have missed you smiley - love

dd x

Paris, October 21, 2005

Post 3

petal jam

Just love their first encounter with formal learning. Hate to see kids locked up in school /all/ day as they are here now from 4-and-a-half, but a really good nursery school, appropriately timed for your child, is worth its weight in gold.

Think we were typing simultaneous mutual postings. Expect you will be raking leaves this weekend - enjoy composting. petal

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for martine_s

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more