A Conversation for An Aussie perspective of Columbia, Missouri, USA

Peer Review: A3860688 - An Aussie perspective of Columbia, Missouri, USA

Post 1

Michael_Heaven

Entry: An Aussie perspective of Columbia, Missouri, USA - A3860688
Author: Michael_Heaven - U1467941

This is an international Uni town in the heart of midwest USA. I think there could be many perspectives (German, Scottish, Thai, Chinese, Indian and that's just people from my lab!) of Columbia which may be unique in a part of the US considered so isolated from the "cosmopolitian" coasts.

A3860688 - An Aussie perspective of Columbia, Missouri, USA

Post 2

Jayne Austin

Someone will be along to mention content & form, the only thing I could see (being new myself) is:

"Cheryl Crow"-> Sheryl Crow

smiley - ok

Post 3

Michael_Heaven

Ta cobber smiley - run

Post 4

KB

Hi Michael,

what would you say the major differences are, besides the weather? Do you notice many differences culturally between Columbia and Australia, eg. food, or how people spend their free time?

Post 5

Skankyrich [?]

Hi Michael!

You've done really well to keep this impersonal and I like the way it's a bit different to your average city guide. Good job! smiley - ok

To add to (or maybe just repeat) what Bomba said, it would be great if you could expand the 'Aussie perspective' - what differences would the average Aussie find? It did strike me a little that the Aussie persepective was pretty similar to most people's! You have the makings of a great entry on your hands here; you just need a bit of work on the cultural side.

Well done again and smiley - goodluck

smiley - cheers

Post 6

The H2G2 Editors

It's a bit hard to read as it is at the moment. If you are still around, do you think you could break it up with a few space between the paragraphs?

Post 7

Emmily ~ Roses are red, Peas are green, My face is a laugh, But yours is a scream

Author Elvised, propose Flea Market...

Emmily
smiley - bluebutterfly

Post 8

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

Flea Market. I wonder if broelan/miloso would be interested in taking this one on?

Post 9

Emmily ~ Roses are red, Peas are green, My face is a laugh, But yours is a scream

Ok, all done, and email sent, I followed GD's example, so hopefully I've done it correctly. smiley - smiley

Emmily
smiley - bluebutterfly

Post 10

Looks good, although I'd add the full url of the entry since A-number links don't work on Yahoo smiley - winkeye And perhaps a space between each entry just to make it easy to see where one move ends and the next one starts. Oh, and some people get upset if you post skin-specific links too - you could remove the part smiley - smiley

Post 11

smiley - cheers I'll make a note of all that. There was suppose to be a line break between each one, I had them saved in Word that way, incase aol kicked me offline in the middle of it, and the skin preference is a pet hate of mine, so I should have remembered to remove it. smiley - dohsmiley - smiley

Emmily
smiley - bluebutterfly

Post 12

Michael_Heaven

Sorry for being absent without leave. Finishing a PhD over here. Will keep more of an eye on it.
Ta all

Post 13

TRiG (Ireland) A dog, so bade in office

"A-number links don't work on Yahoo."

Why is Yahoo used at all? I'm confused.

This, a dead PeerReview thread, is probably not the best place to be asking this, but I will anyway.smiley - winkeye

TRiG.smiley - smiley

Post 14

U218534

Not entirely sure (it's gone midnight, I've just stumbled across this, I'm tired etc etc) but are the proposals to move entries made on the Yahoo group? If you post a message there saying "move A123456" it means the reader will have to translate that into an appropriate h2g2 link by themselves...

Post 15

That's correct - the 'reader' being one of the Italics. If you post 'Please move A123456' on the Scouts Yahoo group (which is where all requests to move entries are made) you won't get a link the way you did right there - in order to make it a link anywhere other than h2g2 you have to post the full url. I imagine that's happened once or twice on the Subs group too.

Post 16

Except of course you didn't get a link because of the ' at the end of the A number smiley - blush

Post 17

U218534

I'm guilty of doing that rather a lot smiley - blush

Post 18

Shame shame, we know your name smiley - nahnah

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more