This is the Message Centre for Ben The Hippy

They all say it's Friday, but I know better!

Post 1

Ben The Hippy

Ohhhhh God. Sleeping on the floor no longer agrees with me. Just finished the play- which was very groovy by the way- did mad dancing things, fell asleep in the club, somehow made it half-way home, and woke up like this. as far as I'm concerned it's still Thursday: I'm having Friday cancelled due to lack of interest. Wake me when it's over.

Ever noticed what a weird life you lead when you're single?

In case anyone wanders past this page, I want to plug www.thehungersite.com. They have a scheme where you click through to a page of banner ads, and the advertisers then donate free food to UN aid programs on your behalf. They're doing tons of food per day and it doesn't cost anything- do it every day and someone somewhere will get a kilo of something nourishing at the end of the week, on average. I'll put a link above somewhere.

Later,

BTH smiley - bigeyes

Post 2

Lochangel

I had noticed the single / weird connection myself - but always assumed it was unique to me? I take it it isn't then? smiley - smiley

Post 3

Ben The Hippy

Nope, but I don't know if it's universal either! I think it's that when you're single there's no-one to check those moments when you say 'sod it, I'll have another drink /stay up all night/ take hallucinogens/ agree to sound-design another play/ form a band/ freak out!

OTOH, maybe it's just that two consciousnesses occupying a shared environment agree on 'how things are', thereby stabilising naturally occuring chaotic factors in life, collapsing waves of possibility in routine and certainty. more comfortable but perhaps less fun...

or it could be sexual frustration sublimating in an urge for adventure.

catchyalater!

BTH smiley - bigeyes

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Ben The Hippy

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more