A Conversation for Douglas Adams - His Life and Worlds

DNA appears in the tv series

Post 1

Galigan

In the tv series of Hitch-Hiker's, which is still available on DVD and is currently be being redone somehow (i was told this by a shop assistant in hmv), Douglas Adams can be seen as the man who takes his clothes of and walks into the sea whilst throwing his money away. I think this scene is at the start of episode 2 but i am not sure of this fact.

Post 2

Galigan

Also in the section of the entry under Education it talks about his work on doctor who. is it worth mentioning that the krikkit story from Life the Universe and Everything was originally a doctor who script?

and it might be a good idea to include names of or links to other biographies of DNA such as The Salmon of Doubt and Don't Panic (by Neil Gaiman)

let me know if any of this is helpful. i will probably think of something else later.

Post 3

Smij - Formerly Jimster

All comments are useful - though we don't always update the entry itself as the conversations are an extention of the entry in many ways.

Post 4

WF

It's also interesting to note that St. Ced's College (From the first Dirk Gently book) and most of it's residents are in 'Shada', also 'Oolon Caluphid' is also an author in the 'Doctor Who' universe.

Post 5

echomikeromeo

DNA can also be seen in the first episode of the tv series as an extra in the back of the pub. Just sharing.smiley - smiley

smiley - dragon

Post 6

StockportJambo

He also appears just prior to the infamous nude scene, in a bank, looking desperately unhappy & counting some (on the whole not so) unhappy small green pieces of paper.

Post 7

arthur__dent

If you have the series on dvd, press the subtitle button on your remote. This will give you english one and then english two. english one will give you normal subtitles. english two will give subtitled commentary as the episodes go on.
e.g. the engine noises from the bulldozer at the start is actually a recording as the director didn't think it sounded genuine enough and the pints of bitter that ford and arthur drink are from trick glasses. relax and enjoy.

Post 8

echomikeromeo

Thanks for the tip! I have to try that.smiley - ok

smiley - dragon

Post 9

fiery opaleye - the happiest little Vegemite as bright, as bright can be

Did anybody else notice in the televion series that the picture of Paula Nancy Milstone-Jennings ( the author of the No. 1 worst poetry in the uninverse) is a cartoon drawing of Douglas Adams with pigtails and a dress drawn on in episode 2?

He also appears as another cartoon later as a member of the Marketing Division of the Sirius Cybernetics Coproration.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more