A Conversation for h2g2 Smileys

Rainbow Smiley

Post 1

ChiKiSpirit -- A1008604

Sorry to be naive, but I don't actually know which group in the 70s you are referring to. As far as I am concerned, I see smiley - rainbow as a symbol of optimism and brightness!!!
smiley - rainbow Brighid

Rainbow Smiley

Post 2

Smij - Formerly Jimster

Hi Chikispirit

The band was called 'Rainbow' - they had hits such as 'Since You've been Gone' and 'I Surrender' in the late '70s and early '80s. I've changed the text to make that a little clearer.

But yes, it *is* a symbol of optimism and brightness too. That's the best thing about these smileys - their meanings are entirely down to how they are used.

With best wishes,

Jimster

Rainbow Smiley

Post 3

ChiKiSpirit -- A1008604

Thanks for replying Jimster, we also mustn't forget those lovely characters Zippy, Bungle and George from a different 'Rainbow' groupsmiley - smiley. In fact, there's quite a lot I could write about rainbows...hm..I'll have to have a little think about it....smiley - rainbowBrighid

Rainbow Smiley

Post 4

Smij - Formerly Jimster

In the first draft of the page, that's who I referred to, but then I realised no-one outside of the UK would know who Zippy was.

smiley - rainbow

Jimster

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more