This is the Message Centre for Deep Doo Doo

Should I come back to h2g2?

Post 21

Deep Doo Doo

Cheers guys, thanks for the warm welcomes-back!

Looking back over my rather limited collection of Edited Entries, there have been a number of questions/comments that I have neglected to respond to during my time away. (BTW, thanks TRiG for helping out on the parking-ticket one). So it dawned on me that there must literally be hundreds of Entries where questions are asked, but never receive replies because other Researchers aren't subbed. Considering that a large proportion of these questions will be asked by new Researchers (possibly discovering the subject-matter via a search-engine) who have then joined specifically to ask *their* question, it could be argued that h2g2 loses a number of these new Researchers from a lack of replies.

If it was possible, a central repository of questions/comments from the Edited Entries could prove invaluable in assisting new Researchers with the answers they seek and sparking further interest in Edited Guide subjects.

I see it a little like 'Ask'. You sub, and the questions pop-up in your convo list. Some catch your eye, and you reply, others don't and you un-sub. Even if the question doesn't tickle the taste-buds, you may go off and read an Edited Entry new to you.

What say you?

Post 22

Sho - employed again!

it irks me (but has it been fixed now?) that authors aren't automatically subscribed to new conversations on their edited entries.

I'll have to check mine...

Post 23

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

That's a good idea DDD, and might be worth running by the Eds for the "new features" list.smiley - ok

Post 24

aka Bel - A87832164

When aceing, I always have a look at any postings a newbie has made. If I find questions on edited entries, I've occasionally either posted them in EF, with a link to the convo for the eds, or, if the author is still around, posted it to them directly.
Sometimes, I've replied in the very thread.
I don't know how many other aces do likewise, though. smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Deep Doo Doo

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more