A Conversation for The h2g2 Community Consortium

London Meet

Post 1

coelacanth

Is it worth mentioning the London meet being planned for April/May around h2g2's 12th birthday? It could be an opportunity to discuss things in person.

A79731967 to sign up and vote for a date.
smiley - bluefish

London Meet

Post 2

Vip

And if nothing else, by then we know if we need a celebration drink smiley - bubbly or a hold a wake for a beloved friend. smiley - stiffdrink

smiley - fairy

London Meet

Post 3

coelacanth

Well we could have an afternoon event for those people who wanted to discuss issues (I'd suggest this is held in a tea shop, Arthur Dent and DNA would approve) and then make the evening in the pub a celebration smiley - bubbly.
smiley - bluefish

London Meet

Post 4

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Sounds like a good idea to me, if we can have enough interest still to get a good enough number of us there at the same time smiley - zen I may even venture into a tea shop and drink... like tea smiley - teasmiley - zensmiley - grovel : shall I update the meet page to acknowledge waht has come to pass, and how this as the 12th birthday meet now will also represent the final meet ever whilst we're 'at the BBC' (but hopefully not the final meet ever full stop, just the last one before we're in pastures new) smiley - zensmiley - alesmiley - tea

London Meet

Post 5

Maria

<<(but hopefully not the final meet ever full stop, just the last one before we're in pastures new) <<

Yes please smiley - grovel

I was meaning to attend a future meeting next Autumn, I´d really love it.
I hope not to lost track of you all. I want to meet yousmiley - wah and have an smiley - ale and... well, whatever in good companysmiley - hug

smiley - brave

London Meet

Post 6

This isn't the end, Its not even the beginning of the end, its the start, of pastures new and the site moving forward into, yes, strange, exciting, dangerous and as-yet unchartered waters new. smiley - zen

London Meet

Post 7

Paul Goodenough

I totally agree. I think that H2G2 will survive and overcome. It&#39;s just the how we need to sort out...

London Meet

Post 8

Exactly... There are enough of 'us' (researchers), who feel strongly over our desire to ... 'save' isn't the right word... but it'll have to do, the site...
There has been somethign of a coming together of this desire on a goodle group we've set up, and... What, like a day only so far and it turns out that amongst this steadily growing group of ... slightly insane researchers, we've got more technical and geeky know-how than what it took to put a man on the moon... We're very committed (and only some of us should probably be 'committed').
And already we've a few people pop up into the group from outside h2g2, with additional technical abilities and know-how in other areas, plus some server admins and site-owners from other site's which have had to do a simular thing to what it looks like we're doing.. smiley - 2cents
A bit early in the day to say for sure, as we're still waiting for a lot of information before stuff can get really 'solid' in terms of plans (but obviously we're not fully aware of what is happening in the darker recesses of the Towers, but that is understandible at the current time).

And... asides anything else, nighthoover is bound to turn up at any moment smiley - zensmiley - winkeye

London Meet

Post 9

Haragai

Ooooh!
And maybe lug along a laptop so we can webcast / interact with them that are not able to come in person?
Coming to the Meet might not fit my calendar/budget...

Cheers!
Martin
---
Free?! Does that mean I can&#39;t get a Discount?
I thought I heard a Dolphin Wistle ... &#39;Stuck&#39; by Caro Emerald

London Meet

Post 10

I want to be there virtually! smiley - boing

London Meet

Post 11

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

I've got a copy of "me" again, if anyone wants to print "me" out...

Key: Complain about this post