A Conversation for The h2g2 Community Consortium

What Technical Things to we need?

Post 1

Z

This forum is to discuss things like servers, coding, and money. What technical things do we need to do to run h2g2?

Post 2

HappyDude

We don't know:

For example would the purchace price include the servers (in which case we would need a co-location plan somewhere)

What is the typical throuput of hootoo (i.e. how big a pipe would we need)

The list of what we don't know is so lone my head hurts to think about it smiley - headhurts

Post 3

Terran

There may be a lot we can do for free at first... lots of free hosting, and database access at least in the interim depending on how many people we have... but to do anything serious we'll need a big plan.

Post 4

bigbadjono

I just wanted to say that I am an IT Architect and work on delivering major applications and infrastructure as my day job. I am more than happy to help bring a design together to give us cost estimates, sizings, capacity, resiliency, security architecture decisions etc.

Please contact me if you think that would be useful to this project.

Post 5

kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website

Jono, can you also please post on the googlegroup?

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more