A Conversation for The Pamphlet Intending against the Adoration of the Cult of Celebrities with accompanying observations and comments upon the Axi

Writing Workshop: A3493082 - The Pamphlet Intending against the Adoration of the Cult of Celebrities with accompanying observations and comments upon the Axi

Post 1

Gardener

Entry: The Pamphlet Intending against the Adoration of the Cult of Celebrities with accompanying observations and comments upon the Axi - A3493082
Author: Gardener - U196976

( Notice: Using the Guide entry template I am unable to cut and paste from the original Word file numerous footnotes contained in the complete version. Please , include it into the Humour section of the H2G2 , for not all arguments of the pamphlet are expressed with serious intention)

A3493082 - The Pamphlet Intending against the Adoration of the Cult of Celebrities with accompanying observations and comments upon the Axi

Post 2

Gnomon - time to move on

The "humour section" could mean either the Post or the Underguide. For the Post, you should send this directly to the POst Office. For the Underguide, you should put it into the Alternative Writing Workshop (after removing it from here).

But first, you should tidy it up by changing all those strange &#number; things to proper quote marks. Just do this by Editing the Entry.

A3493082 - The Pamphlet Intending against the Adoration of the Cult of Celebrities with accompanying observations and comments upon the Axi

Post 3

Gardener

Thank you very much for your suggestion. I think I will send it to the Post. But I want to be assured first that my Entry is not regarded as braking the House Rules, Whereupon it is much safer to deliver it on. Should it not be the case, there is no point in editing it properly with red subheaders,footnotes et al.
Also I am aware that there exists the "humour section" on H2G2 after all.

Post 4

Gnomon - time to move on

I've read through the entry briefly, and it is not humour. It may start out that way, but it rapidly descends into a rant. Do you really hate the modern world so much?

One of my personal dislikes is people who only see what is bad in the world. There's a lot of good in the world, and you should try to see it.

smiley - smiley

Post 5

Gardener

The world is too heterogenous to be judged in terms of being good or evil.In fact,there are more than 100 countries in it, and not all of them ,as you can observe, pocess of optimal governance,and diverse nations suffer from various degrees of degrading civil and other freedoms etc. And ,of course, Western people live better than the majority of humanity and because of that should be respectful of their conditions of living and pay homage to their respective governments. But the governments are generally reluctant to eradicate certain elements of societal habits conducive to light-headedness and those become more persistent with the passage of time. Since the Age of Democracy brought with it the peculiar Relativism of the Mind where nothing is good or bad but everyone is entitled to their opinion, no wonder it has become habitual to dislike or ignore absolute values of good or evil etc. Some years down this road many people will become oblivious of Christiian Commandments while the legalities of judicial systems will have become to complex and burdensome to administer them effectively, so it might well end up in tears,as people indulge their conveniences and blink their eyes at obvious cases of turputide, such as the pop culture and the Cult of Celebrities etc. which things I inveigh against, for these are undeservedly prominent and represent certain public dangers.

For example, consider the case of the night club morals, where people presumably go to acquaint themselves with others, but such is the loud bang of music there that one can hardly speak,moreover one returns home to late and that results in being underslept next day,so as they go to work in the morning they are more likely to make mistakes in their thinking and be less productive.And ,cumulatively,the economy suffers, as the growth in GDP is more lackluste, than otherwise. And if the practice of night club attendance is persued on weekends it is even worse for it then lacks its recreational properties and weans people off serious persuits and vocational self-education. And I never heard of "evening clubs" in the mainstream , only night clubs.
These little grudges as above and in The Pamphlet though they may seem absurd in themselves, are ,if percived cumulatively and in their entirety, by no means insignificant and should be weighted and considered thoughtfully.
Since I profess myself to be an obedient (if somewhat inactive at the present) member of the H2G2 community I am worried if the Pamphlet is not in compliance with House Rules,the judgement whereof can only be made by other impartial members of the Community such as you. And if the judgement is negative I will unconditionally obey it by deleting the Pamphlet from the H2G2 or even ,if requested, will write the Pamphlet in Defence of the Adoration of the Cult of Celebrity. However,since I wrote and plan to submit in the future other Entries and discriptive pieces not of so critical a content and covering less controvercial ground, in line with the official policy of the H2G2 ( as I learned) such Researchers as not only push their particular view but also contribute other pieces of diverse and enlightening nature, should be treated more liniently when their Entries are scrutinized on the subject of House Rules Compliance, which point I invoke in my defence and humbly beg to review my Entry en bloc with respect to its Compliance.

Post 6

Gnomon - time to move on

There are a few things at issue here. If you just want to leave the pamphlet on h2g2 for people to read, then it must obey the House Rules. It seems to, as far as I can see. People can find it from your personal space or using the Search feature.

If you want it to become part of the Edited Guide, which is the "official" guide to Life, the Universe and Everything, Earth Edition, then it also must obey the Writing Guidelines, which it definitely does not.

If you want it to be submit to the Underguide or the Post, then that is up to the Underguide miners or the Post Editor to decide whether they and the readers will like it. I personally think it is far too much of a rant to be of interest to anybody, but that's just my opinion.

Post 7

Gardener

thanks for the advice. I think I will leave it the way it is,without qualifying it for any particular H2G2 category. And I will put it in the readable GUIDE XL form next time I have time on my hands.

Key: Complain about this post

Writing Workshop: A3493082 - The Pamphlet Intending against the Adoration of the Cult of Celebrities with accompanying observations and comments upon the Axi

More Conversations for The Pamphlet Intending against the Adoration of the Cult of Celebrities with accompanying observations and comments upon the Axi

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more