This is the Message Centre for $u$

Tuesday 22nd November 2011 9.50am

Post 1

$u$

I broke Walt's mug this morning. His favourite smiley - coffee Other than his other favourite mug, which Hurley broke a couple of months ago. Luckily, I have tracked down an identical replacement and placed an order. A pity the previous mug is proving much harder to replace. smiley - erm

Post 2

Emily...overly fond of the ellipsis...and top ten lists...submit yours @ A87824361...

I'm sure he'll forgive you, especially if you can get a look-a-like smiley - winkeye

My sisters have chipped and broken every mug I've ever had. I don't know why my mugs annoy them so much smiley - winkeye

Post 3

$u$

When I confessed the breakage, he was immediately appeased by the fact that I had already sourced the replacement. smiley - winkeye It broke quite cleanly in two, so he wants to stick it back together and use it as a pen pot. smiley - biro

We have rather more mugs than we actually need, but the ones that get broken always have to be the 'irreplaceable' ones, don't they? smiley - cross

Post 4

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

::AHEM:: May I direct you to my Personal Space? U147203

"'Source' is *not* a verb, okay?" smiley - nahnah

smiley - run

Post 5

$u$

smiley - tongueout According to my dictionary, source is a transitive verb...

"to come from, originate; to obtain"

I sourced that definition from the Chambers Dictionary. smiley - nahnah

Post 6

Emily...overly fond of the ellipsis...and top ten lists...submit yours @ A87824361...

The grammar police strikes again smiley - winkeye

And I'd probably glue it back together for pens too smiley - winkeye In fact I tend to use chipped or leaking favoured mugs for pens or make-up/brushes. I also keep my favourites away from my sisters that way! smiley - laugh

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for $u$

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more