This is the Message Centre for $u$

Thursday 10th November 2011 10.17am

Post 1

$u$

Being unemployed again after doing a job you really enjoyed (short-term contract) really sucks. I feel worse about it than I did in my much longer previous run of unemployment. Maybe it's because I miss the job (yes). Maybe it's because I miss my work colleagues (they are mostly a good bunch). Maybe it's because I miss being able to afford to pay for things (oh yes). Maybe it's because I know the unemployment figures are ridulously high and I'll be damn lucky to get any other job before next spring (resoundingly yes). smiley - blue

However, I've been invited to meet up with someone today who had me in mind for a job (and training for a completely separate job) with her at about this time last year, but due to family crises I was not available. I'm trying to stay calm and just enjoy a friendly chat over a cuppa, but I can't deny I have hopes for a positive outcome.

Key: Complain about this post

Thursday 10th November 2011 10.17am

More Conversations for $u$

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more