This is the Message Centre for $u$

Tuesday 8th November 2011 11.51am

Post 1

$u$

I suppose logging back into the Guide for the first time in six years or so requires a journal entry. This is it. smiley - bubbly

Post 2

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

And another long-lost Researcher returns to the fold smiley - biggrin I'm losing track of all the names I haven't seen for so long suddenly appearing in my postings again. I may cry smiley - brave

How've you been?

Post 3

$u$

Well hello... Gosho? smiley - hug I think I will smiley - cry if I keep finding so many long-lost lovely researchers. Although, with so many name changes, I'm not enirely sure who's who any more. smiley - huh Please indulge me while I put this smiley - hamster here for no particular reason.

Post 4

smiley - hug

I reckon most of the folks (the active ones, anyway) you knew still use their old name, or something very close to it, and although mine changes with the wind it always has 'Gosho' in it somewhere smiley - tongueout

Mu Beta used to Master B, but I think you've found him already smiley - biggrin Shea is still Shea, Gnomon is still Gnomon, Pastey is still Pastey. Now, if we can only entice Uncle Heavy back...

Post 5

$u$

Ah, but AM is now Deke (although I don't think that's 'new') and AGCB is Mrs Zen... and some researchers are still missing, presumed in the pub... smiley - ale

Has UH been conspicuous by his absence too? Unless the 'who's online' goggles are glitchy, then I'm seeing some surprising names online just now. But it's all good. Let's drink to the good old days. smiley - pggb Maybe you could help me remember them. smiley - silly

Post 6

True, there have been a few name changes, and far too many old friends are lingering in the snug, nursing their Mackeson. We'll winkle the buggers out eventually smiley - tongueout

Dragonfly, UH, Bob, Elly, TJ, Jeu-anne (did I spell that right?), Fragilis, Silly Willy, Greebo. I believe I saw Dr Justin today though smiley - biggrin

Post 7

$u$

Ah, yes. I saw Dr Justin too. And posted to Dragonfly. So many names I remember on your list there. I suppose the problem with being absent myself is that I hadn't realised they were missing too. smiley - raisedeyebrow So did you weather the storm and stick with h2 throughout? smiley - peacesign

Post 8

Yep, I've been here through thick and thin, through Rupert and... whatever they decided to call the hiatus when we moved from the BBC to this place. Not being able to look at my postings page in the morning was quite unsettling.

Oh, Lighthousegirl and Frenchbean (both of whom I'm in touch with occasionally but seem uninterested in rejoining us smiley - sadface).

Post 9

$u$

I spot UH online.smiley - cool And a certain Scot. Actually, I keep spotting a lot of people online who then disappear without posting. Are they really there or imaginations of my figment?smiley - weird

LHG came out to visit you didn't she, if my absence hasn't left me too addled?smiley - drunk It would be nice to have her back.

Post 10

Yes she did! Well remembered. And as a matter of fact I've just opened a Google chat window with her smiley - biggrin

There was a site bug when we came back which showed Researchers online who couldn't possibly be, and I think that hasn't been fully resolved yet, so we've got got several smiley - ghost in the Who's Online list. You get all excited when you see a familiar name in the list, but the excitement fades over the next few days when don't see any postings from them and realise it was the bug smiley - sadface

Let's not forget GreyDesk too.

Post 11

$u$

Oh. smiley - wah That explains at least one person who I thought couldn't have possibly been online. smiley - blue I'm all disheartened now.

Say a friendly smiley - dontpanic to LHG for me, if she remembers who I am!

Post 12

Ever so there there smiley - hug

She's wandered off to do something but I'll let her know you said hello when she comes back smiley - smiley

Post 13

Looks like she's got her own YouTube channel smiley - wowhttp://www.youtube.com/user/BekkasFeelingCrafty?feature=mhee

Post 14

$u$

Crafty smiley - lighthouse

Post 15

Oh, and Count Zero decided to change his name to Baron Grimm when we moved here.

Post 16

$u$

Not a name that rings for me (another smiley we need, so many uses). Nice to see that smiley - lighthouse has returned to the fold. May need to start up a 'returnees' page. Did you ever watch 'The 4400'? It's making me think of that.smiley - aliensmilesmiley - martiansmilesmiley - rofl

Post 17

No, I never saw that series, but after reading about it I can see the connection.

LHG says she's re-registered with the new h2g2 but hasn't posted anything yet.

Post 18

$u$

I saw a post from her somewhere... think it was last night. Probably in the official returnees thread.

I've just rediscovered the difficulties in multi-tasking social networking sites/applications.smiley - rofl Can't even remember why I opened smiley - smileysmiley - book in the first place now.smiley - doh

Key: Complain about this post