This is the Message Centre for $u$

Addiction

Post 1

$u$

I'm beginning to worry that I'm going to log in one day and never leave. Some people seem to be here whenever I am, or are they following me? (Probably just paranoia). Aside from the addiction, by the time I've checked/answered all my forum entries, it's time to start all over again.

In Red Dwarf 'Better Than Life' there's a taxman with thumb screws, and I'm getting recurring nightmares about it, only he's evolved into the man from the telephone company. (Further paranoia) Why did a certain electrical chain store invent the idea of free ISPs, and why haven't they also invented free phone calls yet? (I bet they've got shares in telecom).

Addiction

Post 2

Waxer

Funny I was thinking the same thing , I only dropped in to see if I had anything new and I've ended up sitting here for an hour ! Mostly offline at least) (AND I noticed you were on when I arrived!! ,"just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not following you"( Lyric challenge 2 ) I saw on tv an ad for 5 free hours of phone time on Sundays with a new free ISP and you don't have to change your phone company. I think you can get the details at Shell petrol stations( but its such a faff changing over, or it is for a computer illiterate like me anyway) Off to work now' repeat after me ," I will not look back till the weekend,I will not look back till the weekend....."PS I started a new elusive song title strand but I don't see the reply on your homepage , did I do it right? .....goes off still muttering "I will not look back till the weekend, I will not...............

Addiction

Post 3

$u$

Well I did at least wait until cheap rate, but that doesn't cancel out the hour at peak rate earlier (how much is that per minute on local calls?) I've just got here, so I'll go look for that elusive elusive song title. Lyric 2? A little clue maybe ... plleeease!

Addiction

Post 4

Waxer

So much for the weekend thing. Lyric 2 , begins with N and ends in irvana , wasn't really a lyric challenge as opposed to my message at http://www.h2g2.com/forumframe.cgi?forum=19739&thread=17907 I expect you to get that!! (judging from your faves on your Homepage!) did you find it?,it only seems to be on my page and on the original EST page(look mum , acronyms...!)There are well over 30 on at the moment , I think my Quest to be the sole person on may take some time , it obviously needs some earth shattering event to happen , "and as the doors of the alien spaceship slide open a lone figure sidles away from the gathered throng and makes for his computer......" Rather depressingly its 4p a minute peak time,(but only 1.5p evenings and 1p weekends.) You can check your current phone bill at the BT homepage , you just need your customer No.and it tells how much you've added on since your last bill, I think a lot of people who seem to be on all the time are at work or uni. and get free access.

Addiction

Post 5

$u$

Tut tut.

(now let's see where that thread leads...)

Addiction

Post 6

Waxer

Oooh snwaked in when i wasn't lookuing(

(thats what my typing looks like before correction!,there's so much tip-x on my screen I can barely see it!!)

Addiction

Post 7

$u$

Ha. Crept up behind you again. Followed all your threads, tied up the loose ends and tripped over my laces.

I think I need to work on the original user page to achieve an unsuccessful rejection, and bring our knowledge (?!) to the virtual world at large. Any hints/major contribution welcome! (As you say, clearly a market out there, but five weeks late in that particular instance! Still, better late than never...).

I've kicked the habit (kicked the habit...)

Post 8

$u$

Realised I won't be here at the weekend, so am making up for it now (that's my excuse - any suggestions for a good one when the phone bill arrives?) Maybe be back tomorrow night (late).

Post 9

Waxer

Shed my skin: nor will I . Packing up the boards,tents etc and heading off down the coast. time away depends on weather and surf!!( max 2 weeks)

Post 10

$u$

This is the new stuff...

Always surfing. One track mind.

Post 11

Waxer

What was the outcome to your Marty
Feldman Limerick entry ( Hump ? what Hump?)( every time I go to long scroll down forum my computer freezes ,( don't tell the scary apple guy)

Post 12

$u$

Give me a minute, I'll go see.

(Just say the words 'PC' - it's like holding a cross up to a vampire).

Post 13

Waxer

Don't make me !!!!!! break out the garlic!!!

Post 14

$u$

While watching a Gene Wilder movie
I thought Marti Feldman was groovy
But to my dismay
I learnt that Ellen is gay
And that's all I can say, or she'll sue me

In Too Deep

Post 15

$u$

You know I love you, but I just can't take this

*plucks neural implants from head, and goes offline*

Post 16

Waxer

Oh yeh I got as far a sthe Ellen was gay but I thought it was a big jump from Marti ( abby someone..." Oh yes that's it ..Abby Normal")Feldman ,To Ellen deGeneres!!!!

Post 17

$u$

Damn those men in white suits. They must have put an implant directly in my brain. I pulled out the wires, but...

Like it or hump it.

Post 18

$u$

Might as well face it you're addicted to...

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for $u$

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more