This is the Message Centre for maary - the cynical one

I am not fluent.

Post 1

maary - the cynical one

Well, I haven't been doing anything at all lately. Lurking here, occasionally eating...no it's not that bad.

I have decided I like to lurk around here a lot more than to post (I even signed up for the lurkers society). I'm not a good poster, I just like to read everyone elses good posts and pretend like they're mine. Anyway...

Today I was thinking about how I don't really have the flu when I thought I did. I also thought that you use the word "fluent" meaning you are sick with the flu. Like, "Yes, I'm fluent." Does that make any sense at all? Or am I just crazy? Either way, I think I'm going to start using that word around people to see what they say.

I am not fluent.

Post 2

Billy60 ...

smiley - santa

We would say "I am full of Flu" ..... smiley - ok

Fluent means that you do something well ...

I.E ..... To be 'fluent' in Spanish ... would mean you speak it well smiley - biggrin

I am not fluent.

Post 3

maary - the cynical one

I know what fluent really means, I was just wondering if that could possibly be a second meaning for it. Sorry, I'm weird smiley - weird, try not to listen to my stupid ramblings. I kept saying that today, and a lot of people looked at me like I was crazy. smiley - biggrin

I am not fluent.

Post 4

Billy60 ...

smiley - santa

smiley - sorry .... just a few people on here are from different nations and are trying to understand English ... smiley - roflsmiley - rofl

Dont know why ??? we find it hard enough ...smiley - roflsmiley - rofl

Merry Xmas smiley - mistletoe

I am not fluent.

Post 5

maary - the cynical one

It's fine, I understand completely.

Merry Christmas to you too..

smiley - biggrin

I am not fluent.

Post 6

Billy60 ...

smiley - santa

So do I get to find out a little about Maary ??? might as well while you are here smiley - erm ??

Always nice to chat to a new person ???

I am not fluent.

Post 7

maary - the cynical one

I just joined, so my space isn't anything too exciting. I promise it will get better...as soon as I get around to it..smiley - whistle

I am not fluent.

Post 8

Billy60 ...

smiley - santa

Have you had a look at mine ???? .... are you in the uk ???

I am not fluent.

Post 9

maary - the cynical one

Yes, it's very nice. Someday I wish to have a PS as nice as yours. smiley - silly
I wish I was in the uk, I plan to move there after college. But for right now, I'm stuck in Pennsylvania. smiley - sadface

I am not fluent.

Post 10

Billy60 ...

smiley - pirate

Whats wrong with Pennsylvania smiley - erm ?????? ...... the UK isnt all its cracked up to be ... smiley - roflsmiley - rofl ...

Spain appeals to me .... or the golf courses in the States smiley - biggrin .

I am not fluent.

Post 11

maary - the cynical one

Nothing is really wrong with PA, I have just lived here too long. I decided that moving to a different state wouldn't be far enough away, so a continental change would be best for me. I want to go to the UK right now, but pretty much anywhere with an ocean between me and my house would just be spectacular. smiley - biggrin Funny thing, I live right next to a golf course, another funny thing...i've never played golf there and i've lived next to it my whole life.

I am not fluent.

Post 12

Billy60 ...

smiley - santa

Perhaps we should do a swap ..... smiley - roflsmiley - rofl ...

What would you like to do in England ??? ....... weather's C**p .. smiley - roflsmiley - rofl

I am not fluent.

Post 13

maary - the cynical one

Perhaps we should...as for what I would do in England, probably drink a real cup of tea. I've always wanted to do that (for some odd reason), I'd mostly just want to go around and see the city. The weather would be a factor, but I've always liked the rain a little. Plus, the sun gives you sunburn! Okay..now I'm just making things up..

I am not fluent.

Post 14

maary - the cynical one

I guess you can't edit entries here??

By the city I meant London, but I would most like to live in Cambridge. I heard it's beautiful there.

I am not fluent.

Post 15

Billy60 ...

smiley - santa

Well I am down in Sunny Southampton .... right at the bottom end in the middle smiley - ok

A nice smiley - tea is something I like ....

You say you like rain a Little ??? you'd have to like it a lot !!! smiley - roflsmiley - rofl .. Especially at the moment smiley - ok. ..

smiley - cuddle

I am not fluent.

Post 16

Billy60 ...

smiley - santa

What time of day is it for you at the moment ????

I am not fluent.

Post 17

maary - the cynical one

When I was on posting last night it was around 8 pm I think. Right now at this exact moment it is 2:16 pm. Which is pretty pathetic because I shouldn't be spending my Saturday afternoon on the internet.

I am not fluent.

Post 18

Billy60 ...

smiley - santa

I quite agree .... thats what evenings and the night time is for ... smiley - roflsmiley - rofl

Saturdays are for getting out and about .... My weekend starts Friday Morning .... Plenty of Golf with my youngest .... a few films in the evenings .... Monday is Badminton and a Horse riding lesson smiley - ok

Now I am back at work for a rest smiley - puff

smiley - cuddle

Key: Complain about this post