This is the Message Centre for HardBack

Well, have you ever!!!

Post 1

The Mummy, administrator of the SETI@home Project (A193231) and The Reluctant Dead on the FFFF (A254314)

So you DO show up, but refuse to answer any calls! In stead, you TOO start copying other peoples pages!

I'd like it if you removed it again, and in stead made a link to from your homepage to MY seti page. Then I would create a link back to you, and we wouldn't be having duplicate information.

Greetz,
The Mummy.

Well, have you ever!!!

Post 2

The Mummy, administrator of the SETI@home Project (A193231) and The Reluctant Dead on the FFFF (A254314)

At least *I* did all the work in creating that page, and even gave you credit for creating the group and referred to both your pages.
Now you steal my whole page, and you don't even give me CREDIT for it.

That's NOT NICE!

Well, have you ever!!!

Post 3

HardBack

I apologise UNRESERVEDLY, I honestly did not know I was nicking your page, I thought I was linking through to it. I have been away a long time and am very surprised by the interest and the amount of work you and everyone else has put into making the group happen, for the first 5-6 weeks there were no replies/messages at all. I got an email the other day to say there were 50 odd members and DNA had joined in too – a big shock.

I will spend the next few days working out how to work all this stuff and then reset everything and credit you all over the place.

The first thing I will work on is how to Publicly post this apology, any help on that will be accepted graciously smiley - smiley

Well, have you ever!!!

Post 4

Hi Simon,

Your apology is already as public as they come, Simon, forget about it please! smiley - smiley

I heard from Peta what happened. She had set you up with a quite near copy of http://www.h2g2.com/A195879 , which was placed under your name.

I must therefor also apologize to you, as you weren't aware of what happened at all.

I was originally alerted to the existance of your first SETI article by bluDragon and Daniel. The three of us added our names to the list, which was only three names long before we joined. After that I got the idea of making a more readable and helpful page, in an effort to lure more people in... Well, you can now view the result of that. I'm not totally disappointed with it smiley - smiley

I'd like it best if we could team up. I've already given credit for the exitence of your original page, which now looks much different. And I also mentioned you as the founder of the team smiley - smiley)

You don't need to credit me all over the place, just create a link from your original Seti-page to A193231, to make people aware of where they can find the info, and we're both happy smiley - smiley)) And maybe we can discuss how to proceed further together! That would be swell smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for HardBack

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more