This is the Message Centre for Elwyn_Centauri, geAt (O+ THS)

I will

Post 1

Clampy

Hi I read your note on the latin begginers thread. I will learn the basics of chinese. I will learn any language really. Thank you.smiley - biggrinsmiley - biggrinsmiley - smileysmiley - biggrinsmiley - smiley

I will

Post 2

Elwyn_Centauri, geAt (O+ THS)

Your obvious enthusiam to learn any language is to be commended. Hello in chinese they are four inflections and ni is you and the hao is good, when translated literally. But unlike just a simple how are you, people would say: ni hao. and the other person: ni hao, instead of fine, it would be used like hello and hello.

Boy, ni hao is the third inflection. Cheers.

Cheers

Post 3

Clampy

smiley - smileyThanks. Yes i do enjoy learning languages. Could you teach me some more if possible. Thank you.smiley - winkeye

Cheers

Post 4

Elwyn_Centauri, geAt (O+ THS)

Sure, Clampy smiley - cheers
Have you gone to the mandarin department on the Language thing yet? Why not read about the four inflections first, then I could just write numbers after the words that you'd like to learn?

Cheers again

Post 5

Clampy

thanks again. I have been on the mandarin department. I can't find anything about inflections. Do I have to join the madarin thread to read about inflections. Thanks for your time.smiley - oksmiley - cheers

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Elwyn_Centauri, geAt (O+ THS)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more