This is the Message Centre for LMScott

Reasoning?

Post 1

Beans on Toast

This reply seems to have gotten lost, so I have posted it again here. (It refers to that 'stand alone' spat.)

'Sorry L.M.
As you may have detected, I got a little carried away with this one.
I agree with the sentiment you express and am left as bewildered as you when it comes to cutting off age old ties with nations that have supported us so valiantly.

I thought I would take this opportunity to say my goodbyes. I wont be posting any more stories on GW. I have decided to bow out before the site goes into its death throws. I will still ‘pop in’ to read a bit.
I have enjoyed reading your reminiscences, and appreciate the nice things you have said about my scribbling.'

What's the reasoning bhind deleting works by the way.

Beans.

Reasoning?

Post 2

LMScott

Hi Beans,
Thanks for the mail, you did not get carried away, you just did the job, if we can not stand a bit of stick now and again, we should not put it on review, as you have also said, "if it is not right, don't post it for review.
I hope that you keep a watching brief at least, and do not leave until the ship goes
down, if it does,??? and that alone will be worth watching.
About deleting, I learned a lot from you and your tidy ways, and if prepared properly you can not get caught out can you.?
I suspect that G.W. will be picked over like a Christmas turkey after closure, and if we delete properly it should not be recoverable, the editors say that it can not be recovered, but I think that they are probably wrong. I also think that I can delete better now, by printing a little text at the top of the deleted page and scrolling it down to the bottom, before publishing it, and then sending it back to our space.
Also I have learned that work can sometimes be recovered, when it is apparently deleted.
I have not seen your comments on review regarding my follow up to "Standing Alone."Although very accurate it is written tongue in cheek, just to see what I could get actually get away with, everything it seems. Only one crit from Raled and I had to push him into being a bit harder with it.
I shall just keep submitting one bit of work at a time, and delete before I put another one in Review, it took ages for me to learn to delete so I keep in practice all the time, learning every day. Now I am tidy too, I was in a mess when I asked you, I had put all my work in journal, then I was told that it could not be deleted except by the eds. I asked nicely and wham the lot went all at once.
Best Wishes.
Cheers H.
smiley - biggrinsmiley - runsmiley - magic

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for LMScott

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more