This is the Message Centre for Skankyrich [?]

I'm back!!

Post 1

Skankyrich [?]

It's like I never went away... smiley - smiley

I've been up in Constanble Country this weekend, on a Wild Flower Identification course at Flatford Mill, near Colchester.

It was incredibly intensive, but I learnt how use a key to identify any flowering plant in the UK. Some of it was very technical; we used eye glasses and microscopes to peer at the intricacies of daisies and see which way the hairs point on heath milkwort, stuff like that. My head is still full of worts (not warts smiley - winkeye) and calyxes and things like that,l and I don't think it will get itself organised in head for a few days. I *think* I've learnt a lot smiley - smiley

On the way home, I popped in to see the lovely Venus at her immaculate garden centre and had a great chat over a cuppa smiley - tea She's got a lovely house and a great garden, and hopefully I'll be invited back next time I'm passing smiley - smiley She also gave me two trays of plants for the garden, with the challenge that I have to identify them all - I was thoroughly smiley - blush to only be able to name one on the spot, even with a list in my hand!

Off to read the backpost smiley - oksmiley - cider

I'm back!!

Post 2

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

WB, we missed you, it was way too quiet around heresmiley - yikes

smiley - hugsmiley - kiss

I've emailed you about Moxx and Drakesmiley - laugh

GB
smiley - starsmiley - aliensmilesmiley - moon

I'm back!!

Post 3

Skankyrich [?]

Thanks GB smiley - smiley I was quite lucky in that I was looking forward to meeting Venus all weekend, so still got a kind of RL hootoo fix!

Tired, but it's nice to be home...

I'm back!!

Post 4

CYBERHUMAN

Welcome back. smiley - biggrin

I'm back!!

Post 5

Elfrida

Welcome back! smiley - smiley Sounds like a great weekend smiley - magic I keep losing connection so if I disappear like the Cheshire cat leaving only a smiley - biggrin in the hootoo atmosphere I'll hope to catch you tomorrow (later today) for a natter smiley - hug

I'm back!!

Post 6

Skankyrich [?]

Tomorrow it will be, I'm afraid - off to bed in about a minute, am knackered after all the driving smiley - yawnsmiley - smooch

I'm back!!

Post 7

zendevil

You can never be too careful with your milkworts.

Common Milkwort (P. vulgaris) is most widespread & all its leaves are alternate & scattered up the stem, whereas Heath Milkwort ( P. Serpyllifolia) has at least the lower leaves opposite, Chalk Milkwort (P.calcarea) however has its lowest leaves in a rosette.

How about a test on Sundews, they go in for sticky hairs & grow in wet bogs. Who would have thought plants could be so naughty!

zdt

I'm back!!

Post 8

~:*-Venus-*:~

Your welcome to pop in any time smiley - biggrin It was great to meet you smiley - hug

I'm back!!

Post 9

aka Bel - A87832164

oooh you had a visitor yesterday smiley - bigeyes Wish I lived someplace a hootooer could pop in like that smiley - envy

I'm back!!

Post 10

You'll just have to move over here then smiley - biggrin

I'm back!!

Post 11

aka Bel - A87832164

You just wait -I might do excatly that one day smiley - biggrin

I'm back!!

Post 12

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

<>
Me too!smiley - cry

I'm back!!

Post 13

AlexAshman

Worthead! smiley - laugh

smiley - sorry *tries to not be so childish*

I'm back!!

Post 14

Skankyrich [?]

Don't worry mate, I did that crap joke at Venus' place. Difference is, I didn't mean to smiley - tongueout

I'm back!!

Post 15

Elfrida

Hello again smiley - biggrin *mops brow after battle with gremlins to get connected to hootoo* Hope your day is going well smiley - hug

I'm back!!

Post 16

Oh yes 'my heads full of worts' was the phrase smiley - laugh

I'm back!!

Post 17

Skankyrich [?]

Ooh, hello again, Elfie smiley - smooch

When I meant to say 'my head's full of warts' smiley - biggrin

I'm back!!

Post 18

Elfrida

smiley - rofl ..hence the expression 'worts and all' I guess... smiley - winkeye Hey there smiley - smooch

I'm back!!

Post 19

AlexAshman

Oh - y'see I knew it wasn't funny. I just happen to have a rare incurable disease that makes be abusive towards hotel managers. smiley - erm

*decides not to give up his day job*

I'm back!!

Post 20

Skankyrich [?]

It seems everyone in the world suffers from that one, Alex smiley - laugh

Key: Complain about this post