This is the Message Centre for moonlight

Welcome to h2g2, omegamoonlight!

Post 1

fords - number 1 all over heaven

Hello and welcome to h2g2, the Earth edition of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy! I'm fords, one of the Assistant Community Editors (ACE) and I'm your offical welcomer. So pull up a chair and sip on your Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster while I let you in on the weird and wonderful world of 'hootoo' smiley - bubbly

When you first signed up, you were asked for a user name that you also use to log in. This name will always be your login ID, but if you don't want to use it as your h2g2 name did you know that by going into Preferences you can change it to something else? However, you can't put any commercial links in there and you're not allowed any naughy words smiley - winkeye

Now, your User Space is next - this is your 'home' on h2g2, where you get to tell people about yourself by either using plain text or GuideML - the Guide's very own markup language. This is where you can write a witty introduction, keep tabs on your conversations and messages others may have left for you. Using plain text is fine, but you can make it look far nicer with GuideML! smiley - biggrin For help with GuideML, visit the <./>GuideML-clinic</.> to help get you started. I'm not sure I have to go into too much detail here as to what to put on your User Space, but again keep it clean and please don't post links to commercial websites smiley - ok

Maybe I'm just lazy, but I hate bombarding people with too much information in one go so I have compiled a page of useful information at A811874 for you to peruse at your own leisure, which I hope you find to be of use. But if you do have any more questions or queries, smiley - dontpanic - simply click Reply at the bottom of this message or click on my user name to leave a message on my Personal Space and I'll be more than happy to help smiley - biggrin

Above all, have fun - Share and Enjoy!

Key: Complain about this post

Welcome to h2g2, omegamoonlight!

More Conversations for moonlight

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more